Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I am new to the forums so if I am in the wrong area I apologize.

I have a 2012 sportsman 850 xp with EPS. I trashed one of my front axles while riding in snow here in NH. I bought a pair of Rhino axles to replace both front axles.

The Rhino axles seem to be slightly longer than the stock ones in the area where the castle nut is placed. The rubber cap that covers the castle nut barely goes on.

With that being said has anyone else experienced this also? And if anyone has how did you correct it. Is there an after market cap I can buy? Thank you in advance for any wisdom that can be passed my way.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
I have Rhino's on both of my 850's, They fit just fine but I have aluminum wheels and do not have rubber caps.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Hello everyone. I am new to the forums so if I am in the wrong area I apologize.

I have a 2012 sportsman 850 xp with EPS. I trashed one of my front axles while riding in snow here in NH. I bought a pair of Rhino axles to replace both front axles.

The Rhino axles seem to be slightly longer than the stock ones in the area where the castle nut is placed. The rubber cap that covers the castle nut barely goes on.

With that being said has anyone else experienced this also? And if anyone has how did you correct it. Is there an after market cap I can buy? Thank you in advance for any wisdom that can be passed my way.
Mine was the same way!! I just forced the cap on and havent lost one yet. But Ive yet to really ride it much.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the responses. I have steel wheels on mine. Guess I will ride it and see what happens. Just don't want to bugger up the threads not having the dust cap.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts