Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone rhino line or line-x their plastic racks? Mine are scratching very easy and I don't put really anything on them.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Not me personally.... but when I had my truck box Line-X'ed last fall, the guy said you could coat just about anything. (Love Me the Line-X by the way!) This would make them nearly indestructable too, but just as slippery. Rhino is more "rubbery" but can come off easier. Personally I think I'd go with a DIY Herculiner kit, live with it or drop the real coin on the Line-X. You decide! :dunno:

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i too prefer line-x. My truck side steps are that. My dads truck bed is rhino liner from 2004 when we bought it and it looks crappy as hell. I just say rhino becuase I have connections at a local shop that will do both for $75. Plus a warranty.

·
Registered
112 Posts
what about the spray in the can liner stuff..dupli color and rustoleum make some and herculiner
It works ok but its nothing like the professionally sprayed bed liner...thin and has a sandpaper like quality. Works great on rifle stocks and compound bow risers. I found that is fades to white after being in the sun for awhile when used on vehicles.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I notice that the herculiner likes to shrink up a lot. We have done some small side stuff for people at the shop with that and it doesn't look good for long. Although it is some tough as hell stuff. We tested it on a piece of metal. it gets thrown around and used as a door stop. 3 years later its still lasting.

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
For a DIY Durabak is about the best you can buy. Ive used herculiner as well and its decent. Line-X is what I have had in all of my pickups.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
LineX would be the only product I would consider

·
Registered
11 Posts
Line-x

I have gone the Line-X route. Feel free to check out my album on here for some close ups. I would say that, although changing color is possible because you coat the whole thing, I would still recommend staying with the same base color or close to it. Also note that thickness will play into sliding plastics back together. Working with my local guys its best to just color coat any areas that overlap as increased diameter will make it a tighter fit.

I just got started restoring a 1988 yamaha terrapro and got it back from the guys today. Ill see if I get time to take a picture and let you see some close up examples.

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
I just got started restoring a 1988 yamaha terrapro and got it back from the guys today. Ill see if I get time to take a picture and let you see some close up examples.
I still kick myself because I could have bought one of these MINT condition for $900 last fall and passed on it. RARE RARE RARE !!!!!!!!

Also had a mower attachment that looked like it had sat in a box for 25 years.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Oh Man, Fuse!

That would have been an amazing find/buy. Mine was not in near as good of shape as you describe and I am now on the hunt for the elusive mower.
I did grab a couple pictures of the racks. These show 'em up close, figured people would want to see how well it sticks and looks up close and personal...

Front Plastic and Rack. I have been pleased the contrasting black rack against the blue.

Rear Rack and Plastics.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts