Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
850 XP Touring A-Arm guards

Just picked up an 850 touring on Saturday, Had the Polaris front and rear brush guards installed, now I want the A-Arm guards..

Polaris XP TOURING & X2 Front & Rear A-Arm Guards 550/850XP Touring all years
[Year:2012 PN728A][Front & Rear A-Arm Color:Black Anodize A-Arms]

Is there a discount code available for these?

Thanks

·
Registered
294 Posts
Looks sweet. I bought the anodized black guards from you and I am happy I went with the black.

In the last picture I can see the purple polaris all season grease oozing out of the lower a-arm bushings. Wow, thats a lot of grease. Was that you or the dealer?

·
Premium Member
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just picked up an 850 touring on Saturday, Had the Polaris front and rear brush guards installed, now I want the A-Arm guards..

Thanks
Ricochet had a price increase the first of the year but I kept our prices the same on our already low prices. That is our extra special deal for everyone!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Greetings Thor, which atv mirors are mounting on that new ride of yours. I am ordering the 2012 850. I will be looking for full body aemour as well.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thanks for the reply Thor. I will have to wait and see how much room I have. I mount gps on the handle bar on one side and a yeasu ham radio system with am/fm on the other side. Might be out of room there.

·
Registered
3 Posts

Thanks
Ricochet had a price increase the first of the year but I kept our prices the same on our already low prices. That is our extra special deal for everyone!
Thanks for the reply, I guess I'll go ahead and order them..

·
Registered
35 Posts
Guys, the black anodized a-arm guards look great. However, if you should do much riding through brush are they subject to scratching and the standard aluminum would be better?

·
Registered
397 Posts
I just order the black full kit from The ATV Superstore for my Outlander. I am excited to see how they look. If the wife likes them, we plan on ordering a set for her 850XP. I think the scratched up black will still look better than the natural aluminum in my opinion. Comes down to personal preference.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I have gotten only a few scratches on mine and I use a black sharpie to touch them up and they turn out looking new.

Brush will not scratch the black. Maybe a heavy log and for sure rocks.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Thor, I just received my a arm guards for my 2012 850 xp yesterday and got them installed last night. The question I have is, how do you grease the lower rear grease zerks on the back - the ones on the hub. The grease gun nozzle doesn't have the angle needed now because the guards angle up and zerk angles down slightly. Also the front upper a arm zerks that were almost impossible to grease before are for sure impossible now, any tips or tricks?

The only thing I can think of on the back is to maybe compress the shocks enough so that the nozzle can line up with the zerk. I'm at a loss on the front two upper a arm zerks, they just piss me off period.

Has anyone had problems with the brake line rubbing on the rear right a arm guard? I had a buddy get a punctured brake line from less than a year's use because of the rubbing. I'm thinking about wrapping in some type of rubber, but not sure if it'll hold up either.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I was thinking the same thing about a grease job. Some of those are enough of a hassle as it is. Just got my black guards yesterday. Didn't think about the brake line.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Wrap the hose is small diameter heater hose as it has cord inside it. Will hold up for a long time.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Just ordered some of these as well. My quad is 75% complete. Just need a pipe and turbo kit!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Any one have any update on the grease zerks with these installed? Or maybe the back brake lines?

·
Registered
397 Posts

This is how I modified the wife's back brake line. It's been working like a champ. Greasing it has been kind of a bitch, but I found a 45 degree adapter that is working for now. I'm thinking of doing a remote zerk for the lower A-arms. Just to make it easier.

·
Registered
42 Posts
After a great (and sloppy) ride this weekend and a good wash job, I noticed my brake line is chafed on the rr guard as wel. Thanks for the tips on repair and prevention. I also liked the remote zero idea as well. Thanks all

·
Registered
249 Posts
Where do I find them?

Where are some 2012 Sportsman 850 TOURING a-arm guards and or full protection sold?

Can't find much for it.
Thanks

1 - 20 of 21 Posts