Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered some A arm guards Anodized red from Thor so I'm kinda second guessing my self for going with red! How does the Anodized colors hold up and does the red match with polaris red? Thanks

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I ordered mine to match the dark gray on my machine. They are fairly close in color. He has pics of the Orange on his own machines and they real close. I have not seen the red. The finish has held up very well in mine no issues so far.

·
Registered
17 Posts
If it is the Sunset Red it is a real close match.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
ive heard the coating holds up better than we expect. I stayed with aluminum for that reason, but now I wish I got them coated, just for the one off look more than anything. they work great either way!

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Was going to get mine coated, but didn't. Good thing, put a rather nasty scrape on one of the front ones. If they were coated, it would look like crap. Natural alloy, I dressed it a bit with a file and hit it with a steel brush, blended rather well.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks good! I received the A arm guards and they do not match the red polaris a arms! I should have ordered them in black. But yea it's 2 totally dif. shades of red so I'm getting them powder coated to match along with a few other parts off the scrambler!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea I don't think powder coat will hold up like the anodized! I tried to scratch it with a flat screwdriver stuffs amazing it left a mark but didn't scratch it! Mine is getting powder coated now so we'll see if it holds up!

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
The powder coat will be more susceptible to damage from rocks, will crack and chip.
The anodized finish WILL fade due to wear from brush, grass, dirt, mud and such.

I left mine natural.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I bolted the top one on like its supposed to be. Then I made to brackets that bolted to the 2 bottom bolts on the top bumper. At the other end of the brackets, I drilled holes. The top 2 bolts of the lower bumper bolted through the holes of the brackets.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Mine is orange and has took a beating and still looks new

1 - 14 of 14 Posts