Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally installed my Ricochet Ultimate Armour Skid Plate set with blue front and rear a-arms guards today. Wish they matched a little better, but I still think it looks good.

It took me longer than it should have because I didn't bother to read the directions until I was half done and found out I was installing them in the wrong order. I was going front to rear, rather than rear to front, and, yes, it made a difference once I removed the items I had already installed.

Other than that, an easy install. Thank God for my Makita cordless impact.

Thank you Thor, Ricochet, and TheATVSuperStore for a great product.

This is three before pictures, and two after pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Sweet. Didn't know blue was an option.

Solid upgrade.

Saved me on my last ride for sure!!

·
Registered
838 Posts
I believe you can get the ricochet guards in other colors also. Black blue orange and maybe more..Thor has the orange on his 500 ho and they are sweet.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
looks awesome...any plans on upgrading tires??
No, not now, at least. I don't ride in a lot of mud, and it came with better tires than most stock machines.

I didn't really plan on any other upgrades than the handguards, a-arm guards, skid plates, and bumpers, but I think I'm going to get a mirror or two as well. I'm also upgrading the air filter.

I'm sure I'll come up with more as time goes on. LOL

Or, I'll save my money so I can buy a used snowmobile in the fall.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Hey Nina when the snow starts to fly dont my a snow-bike. Just add some tracks to your machine!!!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Haha, for that price, I might as well buy a snowmobile. They'll go faster anyway! I think on most snowmobile trails, they require vehicles with skis.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Nice mod's!

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Nice! Is it a coating on the plates? The way I ride they would look like hell in one day, LOL!

Matt

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't think so, it's not paint. It's anodized. I'm not sure what that is, but I asked the same question before buying them. Thor told me it's anodized, and won't 'scratch off' but if you got a scratch deep enough, it will expose aluminum color. That's what I was told. You could ask others around.

Try Thor's thread about his Orange A-Arm guards on his Orange Madness. His look way better on that, than my A-Arms guards look on my Blue Fire. His appear to match perfectly. Mine are blue, but don't match as nicely as I had hoped. The picture of the blue ones, they appear brighter than they are.

Here's his thread.

http://www.polarisatvforums.com/forums/theatvsuperstore-com/30479-ricochet-orange-arms-installed-orange-madness.html

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Got ya! Thanks, we used anodized parts at my last job and they work well.

Matt

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
There's a few pics in my album on my profile page. I'm on my phone but I can repost the pics when I get on the computer tonight. It's a threaded knob but I customized it. How I put it on is in my thread.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
As requested: My shift knob.

And here's the exerpt from my thread about how I installed it. It took some searching to find it, even for me.

"Like other people had to do, I filed off the top two nubbie things on the top of the shifter shaft until the knob I bought almost fit, then used a rubber mallet to pound it on all the way. Just like other people's, sits down nice, no wobble. This one was actually threaded on the inside, so I thought I'd use my die and make threads on my shifter for it, but didn't have the right die. I only filed off the first two nubs on the shifter because I want the old one to fit if I ever want to put it back on or lose this one. "

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts