Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at purchasing some skids for my blue 850 Touring.
Thinking of either anodizing in red or gun metal. Anyone have pictures of those colors on a blue 850?

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bueller... Bueller.....

·
Super Moderator
7,182 Posts
Waste of money to get the skids done. A-arm guards you can see and makes sense to do them, the skid plates, not so much. Only thing that sees them is the rocks, and I don't think they care much. :veryhappy:

·
Registered
60 Posts
I got the blue Skids(waste of money can't see it) and the a arms looked really good but add some mud/dirt and the color fads down. If I had it to do again color on the a arms and what ever is cheapest on skids.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm going to get the full kit. Not just center. Only reason I thought I would anodize all and not just the arms is it looks like a small amount of the front and rear center are rolled up which would be visible. I don't want to see colored arms and a small section of raw aluminum front and rear.

Also, anodizing makes a slightly stronger surface.

Rayinmass, do you have pictures you can post?

·
Premium Member
3,843 Posts
Ricochet is by far the best armor kit we have tested and used on our units to date. HEY! Looking for Polaris ATV Skid Plates?. We have been using them since 2008. They fit perfectly every time. Here are some pictures of our units with them installed. Best of all they are 100% made here in America.

Thor

Here are some color pictures for you.

Blue

Orange

Black

Factory plastic vs Ricochet.

Any questions please feel free to call the shop (815-321-3888 M-F) and ask for Thor

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thor, thanks for posting those pics. It reassured me not to put blue on blue. I made that mistake once on my Raptor. It clashed real bad. I am confident the gun metal color would look good and not clash, but add a little highlight touch. I was thinking of being more bold in that highlight by choosing red. Without seeing anyone else's I should probably play it safe.

Thor does the front area near the fangs show at all on the 850xp's? Any at the rear? As I stated before, I would rather pay a little more to have it all look the same. I don't have a bumper too hide anything.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,843 Posts
Yes the front will show in silver if you only choose the A arms in a color. If you give me a call Monday I can do a special order for the a arms & front bash plate only if you do not want the full kit in a color.

Thor

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That sounds perfect Thor. I'll call you Monday for sure.
My names Erik and it will be for my 2013 850 Touring. Do you have a kit for the newer Touring's that do the foot wells also? On your website I only see that in the 800 Tourings. Anyway, I will be in touch Monday. Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
3,843 Posts
That sounds perfect Thor. I'll call you Monday for sure.
My names Erik and it will be for my 2013 850 Touring. Do you have a kit for the newer Touring's that do the foot wells also? On your website I only see that in the 800 Tourings. Anyway, I will be in touch Monday. Thanks again.
We sure do! Its one of our best selling. It is towards the bottom on the skid page for Polaris. Here is the link.

Ultimate Polaris XP Armor Kit 550/850XP Year 2010+

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
I have had a bunch of comments on my blue on blue.

Attachments

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have had a bunch of comments on my blue on blue.
That doesn't look too bad. My Raptor had deep blue and the anodized parts came in like a pastel sky blue. Not good.

Do you have any angle shots of it in better lighting?

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
If you can wait a few days I will be going out to the lake and I can take some from different angles. All the pictures I have are of others as I take the pictures or my quad is so dirty you would think it was brown or light grey.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Oh, no don't worry about it. I am pretty sure I'm going with gun metal. Thanks though.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I was contemplating getting A-arm guards also but when I checked them out I realized they were boxed in, no cut outs on the under side for debris to fall through. Does the snow, mud & stuff collect in there or do they stay pretty clear?

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I would imagine it holds some in even though they do cut a few slots in them. I have to get them due to how rocky of trails I ride. The sound of bashing boulders on my stock undercarriage makes me cringe. It probably should have been done right when I bought the quad.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Ya, I guess it really comes down to the type of terrain one rides in. Muddy, snow type ridding probably not a good idea to have them then. In your case, rocky terrain, best add the extra protection!
I am rarely "rock crawling" so I think I will abort mission A-arm guards veryhappy:

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sticks could do a lot of damage as well. Rocks aren't the only concern. Jamb a stick up and tear a CV boot... Rip a brake line....

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Alright, my Ricochet full coverage skids have been ordered with the gun metal grey anodizing. Thanks Thor for the help this morning!

:rockwoot: I'm super excited to put these on and have some better reassurance in my terrain. I will post some pics up of the gun metal with blue when they arrive.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts