Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a 2009 sportsman 500 efi and I was wondering how deep of water I can ride in without getting water in the trans or ft or rear end??? The book says foot pegs but can i go deeper than that?? Thanks

·
Registered
563 Posts
I go deeper than the floorboards,but I try not to over do it.I have been in water about halfway between the floorboards and the bottom of the seat with no problems on the XP.I wouldnt go too much deeper than that.I have had the 07 Sportsman 500 in water almost to the seat with no problems.Welcome to the site

·
Registered
223 Posts
I'm not sure how the 500's are setup but you shouldn't have to worry about the front and rear ends or the trans. The only thing you need to keep water out of is the air intake and the vents for the trans and belt. Again not sure about the 500's but on the XP they are directly under the seat so I don't take mine any deeper than the bottom of the seat.

Just check to see where your intake openings are at at don't go deeper than that. Everything is water tight and shouldn't cause any problems. But there again it's always better to be safe than sorry.

Good luck and welcome aboard!

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
And welcome to the board!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts