Polaris ATV Forum banner

Rides from today or recently

3K views 30 replies 10 participants last post by  Doc8404 
#1 ·
Pics get bonus points.

Tug Hill, NY.
50-60 miles, top speed 62 mph.
Lots of dirt roads, some trails.

Not many showed up, but it was a great time. LOVE the ODI 120mm grips and love the fender flares. Somewhat clean after a day of muddy water.

#2 ·
Pics get bonus points.

Tug Hill, NY.

Not many showed up, but it was a great time. LOVE the ODI 120mm grips and love the fender flares. Somewhat clean after a day of muddy water.
Hit the "Hill" twice. The first time was on a borrowed wheeler that a buddy leant me. Was my first time riding actually. Then I went back up about *yrs ago never to return, lol. Not my kind of riding. There was a fellow that was more active years ago that told me next time I plan on coming up to let ime know and he would take me and the group on all the trails not the hardpack. I'd like to hit Rock Run, Demon Run, and Majestic + Tail Pines again. There seems to be some spring and fall runs WAY upstate I'd like to hit one day as well!!

Reactions: Doc8404
#3 ·
Lots of different trail areas.
What’s not to like?
Today was a bit much road though.

#4 ·
Don't get me wrong going up with the fellas is a blast. Hanging out and going out is a blast. FYI the Hill is 4hrs from me so I need to grab a place to sleep when I go. But since me or the crew don't ride there a ton we end up on the roads/hardpack a lot. That's just not my thing. I know there are a ton of trails just don't know where to jump on them. It's def scenic there that's for sure. Oh and another thing each time I've been up we were stopped by the DEC. First time was bad one of the guys was cruising and a newer female officer jumped out into the road to flag him down and he ended up crashing. Bad bad bad!!!!!! Second time was just a paper work check and that ended up bad as well as me buddies didn't appreciate the lack of "reciprocal" respect if you catch my drift!!

#5 ·
I haven’t run into the DEC yet but I know they can be a bitch.

#6 ·
Me and my brother ride around allegany county dirt roads and have been stopped twice by the same officer. Gave our parents 3 tickets total for both times for allowing under 16 to drive an atv. The judge went super light on the charges ($50) because we stopped and were respectful but I think if we get caught again it won’t be so good. They know exactly what goes on with atv’s there and what people go to places like that for so why stop everyone for it?

#9 ·
not sure as I don’t like hand warmers.
I can tell you they slid on easily!

#8 ·
IDK if this works in your situation but my buddy Sean did this write up a while back. Still has the ODIs on to this day.

Heat Demon grip replacement. ..

#11 ·
Anyone know of larger diameter grips? I have big hands and a bit of arthritis.
The Heat Demon grips are great, but the OEM diameter’s just too darned small to be comfortable.
I haven’t use these, but you’re probably looking for something like a one or 1 1/8 inch grip

#12 ·
Went to HMT last week. Stayed at Riders Paradise.
Rode the creek trail, beer can alley.
Soggy Bottom
Rode out to the Sophia Tunnel
Hit Flag Rock.
And a bunch of stuff in between.

Pictures below are from the tunnel and flag rock.

The tunnel ride was a long day. We got caught in some HARD rain right before we got there. Made for a long ride home in the dark.

Attachments

#13 ·
Nice Mike!!!!!!

My crew drove down today. Hit Rock and Devil's prob about 3ish and are now most likely headed to Keith's for dinner. They'll be down for 10 days none of which I will be partaking in 😢😢😢😢. But on the bright side my daughter is playing in her first lacrosse tourney of the season and I'll get to watch her play 5 top ten teams in the nation 😁💯🥍❗

Reactions: pcaster
#16 ·
B-
pretty damn sure I see you in the last photo above...

#18 ·
Sure do brother. Sure do.

#20 ·
Pics get bonus points.

Tug Hill, NY.

Here are some pics from a ride i did yesterday. Not a hot day but was almost too warm for low elevation riding.

Attachments

#21 ·
Another awesome ride. Camp No Ma'am
Lewis County NY
@bfrench1984

#22 ·
Water Cloud Sky Plant Tree

Cloud Sky Plant Vehicle Car

Tire Wheel Cloud Land vehicle Car

Sky Cloud Building Land lot Plant

Tire Wheel Cloud Car Land vehicle

Water Plant Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Cloud Water Sky Plant Natural landscape

Wheel Tire Cloud Land vehicle Vehicle

Atmosphere Flame Fire Heat People in nature

Camouflage Military camouflage Tree Marines Military person

Sky Cloud Wheel Tire Plant

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Sky

Plant Plant community Tire Automotive tire Vehicle

Window Building Plant Wood Tree

Reactions: BooggyMann
#23 ·
Well, this thing followed me home today.
2003. 700 miles
Wheel Vehicle registration plate Tire Automotive tire Vehicle
Tire Wheel Vehicle Hood Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Tread

Reactions: FPD218
#24 ·
#25 ·

Reactions: Mike_B and FPD218
#26 ·
I still have to clean the blue parts, again, but man I might be sold on SC1. Time will tell once it gets muddy.

simple green foam spray, scrub brush, then SC1.
Product Automotive design Automotive tire Bag Auto part

Sports gear Bag Automotive design Luggage and bags Chair

Hood Automotive tire Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

Reactions: FPD218
#29 ·
Walmart $2.97 a can, you won't be disapointed!

Liquid Automotive tire Bottle Tire Fluid

#30 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.