Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heading from NH to NC in April for a wedding and looking to make it a multi-purpose vacation and throw some riding in while we are down there. Anyone know of any good riding in that area? Or anywhere north on our way back up to New England?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Busco beach is a good place to ride. It's maybe 2 hours east of Raleigh. The Hatfield & McCoy trails/outlaw trails are a few hours north of Raleigh in West Virginia. I'm sure someone on he can tell you more about the West Virginia trails because I haven't been yet but will be going at the end of April. Busco Beach has a webpage that you can get info from.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! We will check out Busco beach. We want to ride Hatfield/McCoy so bad but it's about 6 hours west of where we will be.

·
Registered
322 Posts
The Hatfield Indian Ridge and Pocahontas are about 4.5-5.0 hours from Raleigh. They are about 45 minutes off of I-77. They are the premier place to ride East of Utah.

I live in NC and have only been to Busco once. The vast majority of NC riders will go the extra miles to WV. If you are limited on time or live in eastern NC then Busco is good for a day.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I say we take the extra time and make the trip to Hatfield, but I'm not the one doing the driving! Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone! Looks like we will be making the trip out to Hatfield afterall and I couldn't be more excited about it!! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts