Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm going to be riding in an area of the state that has a lot of sand. Last year I was absolutely filthy after a half hour of riding and I had a full 4 day weekend that I just felt nasty. I was wondering if anyone had suggestions for inexpensive riding gear to protect myself from getting coated with dirt and sand in the summer time?

·
Registered
978 Posts
A bandanna under your helmet over your nose and mouth, if its the right temp wear a long sleeve either i thin or thick one, pants and boots.

·
Registered
978 Posts
and bring baby wipes to clean yourself up with, they work great!

·
Registered
128 Posts
I bought a wolfsnout (you can google) and I absolutely love it over the bandana that I wore for years. Long sleeves and baby wipes rock!

Cheers,
Lesn8r

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
and bring baby wipes to clean yourself up with, they work great!
Yup yup. We use wet naps but same thing....
I wear some wind pants, full face helmet and goggles

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The baby wipes definitely came in handy last year, and I won't think twice about bringing those. Do the windpants keep the sand and dirt out? I was coated underneath all of my clothing, and that was more what I was trying to prevent. I have a full face helmet, so I didn't really have a problem with that. Leather gloves do pretty good as far as hand protection. What kind of shirt would be good for keeping the sand/dirt out?

·
Registered
143 Posts
You ride in dirt...you're gonna get dirty...wimp :moa:

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
No point getting dirtier than you have to on a four day weekend! The quad on the other hand can get as dirty as possible. Plus, I have to figure out a way to protect myself from your mayhem's throwing snowball sized mud chunks at me.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
.......... Do the windpants keep the sand and dirt out? I was coated underneath all of my clothing, and that was more what I was trying to prevent. ........ What kind of shirt would be good for keeping the sand/dirt out?
Yes the do
A light windbreaker will also help for the upper body.
Frogtog stuff is very durable and somewhat waterproof but is a little uncomfortable IMO.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Nothing works better than coveralls. I have thin ones for summer and insulated for winter, always clean at the end of the day

1 - 10 of 10 Posts