Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are trying to plan a quad trip to Hinton AB Can anyone give me any info on where to go for decent trails.We tend to enjoy the more extreme terrain.Mountains, Mud,swamp,skeg Would like to maby rent some cabins for a couple day ride.any info is appreciated

·
Registered
19 Posts
try snow and mud .com there are a few guys there that live and ride in the Hinton area they might beable to point you in the right direction

·
Registered
45 Posts
O.K. - so I was curious & looked at Snowandmud.com (the mud interest) & now I have joined another Forum - when am I going to ever get any work done...LOL :thanks:

·
Registered
19 Posts
been on there for a while nice site very little bashing of different machines and so far everone really helpfull and friendly

·
Registered
50 Posts
Visit travelalberta.com, theres very good links for accommodations, then enter quadding into the search feature and look through all the trails, theres tons of them. Have fun, in Alberta. Helmets, for off road are not currently mandatory, but insurance and registration are. The fine for no insurance is the same off road as on $3500, and they impound the vehicle.

Regards
James

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Visit travelalberta.com, theres very good links for accommodations, then enter quadding into the search feature and look through all the trails, theres tons of them. Have fun, in Alberta. Helmets, for off road are not currently mandatory, but insurance and registration are. The fine for no insurance is the same off road as on $3500, and they impound the vehicle.

Regards
James
In Sask we can no register our atv. We can buy independent insurance.I have insurance but some in our group do not.I am going to pass it on to them thanks for the info.Are the trails around RMH patroled by rcmp?

·
Registered
50 Posts
The trails are patrolled by Alberta Fish and Wildlife(the wardens)they are aways out on the weekends, not so much during the week. Considering you can not register your quads I can not see them fining you. If you were fined (always allow for the jerk factor) its about $100, but can not see that sticking, I'm 90% sure you can appeal a fine by mail. The RCMP can and will stop you if they are out, which is usually on the long weekends.

P.S. no one can fine you if your quad is on private land or still loaded a your vehicle, only when the vehicle is on public land.

Best Regards
James

1 - 9 of 9 Posts