Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,246 Posts
What part of suck azz new york r u from?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hudson Valley, we got trails but the legal trails are way upstate NY and people around here are just aholes.

·
Registered
860 Posts
I am in Dutchess County and often ride out at The Lost Trails in Scranton, PA... Although if you ride there often it can get boring; however it still overs pretty cool scenery and good times... Perhaps we can meet up and hit the trails some day!

Zoo...

·
Registered
179 Posts
I'm from Dutchess as well. As was stated earlier, the only place to ride legally is up north in Lewis County. It's fun, but it wasn't quite the trail riding I was hoping for. Mostly roads.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Clinton corners

·
Premium Member
10,246 Posts
Hudson Valley, we got trails but the legal trails are way upstate NY and people around here are just aholes.
I hear ya bro it's tough here in the ny. What's even more disturbing is the amount of land the state has to make trail systems. I mean where are all my tax dollars n bike reg fees going?????

·
Premium Member
10,246 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
I think NY and Northern NJ at least should just succeed from the union it's ridiculous.
The Golden rule those who have the gold make the rules:damnit:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm in Newburgh luckily for us, we have about 7 acres of woods on our backyard with a mix of swamp and power lines but it gets boring I cant catch speed on my quads. I only got a Predator500, 90, Raptor350 and a Kodiak.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just getting back to the trails discussion but had any of you guys ever tried the Mt Beacon trails? I'm not sure if is illegal cause I see a lot of 4x4 cars riding on it and lots of hikers and a few tree huggers, anyways I rode there a few times is pretty nice lots of trails but they are better if you are on a 4x4 atv instead of a quad.

·
Premium Member
10,246 Posts
Just getting back to the trails discussion but had any of you guys ever tried the Mt Beacon trails? I'm not sure if is illegal cause I see a lot of 4x4 cars riding on it and lots of hikers and a few tree huggers, anyways I rode there a few times is pretty nice lots of trails but they are better if you are on a 4x4 atv instead of a quad.
Yeah I'll hit mt. Beacon but only in crappy weather, no one is hiking or mountain biking in the driving rain or 12"+ snow. It's private property and of course without permission it is illegal. I can't imagine riding a sport quad up there. One of the first times I went up there two guys that came with a buddy of mine had sport quads and those guys were absolutely miserable. Those things had to be pushed or dragged through half of the terrain. Made for a long day.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Mt Beacon is in Beacon NY is a very nice place, I took my Xterra all the way to the old ski resort and I also took my 03 Warrior 350 with my daughter on her Predator 90 on a few summer days but if is raining or snow yes take your 4x4 atv like Bp405 mentioned guys on quads are crazy do go all way up there on crappy conditions but looks like fun jajaja and yes it it illegal but there are roads where people take trucks and Hudson Valley 4x4 club go often on their Jeeps.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'd like to check it out, it's not too far, about 2.5-3hrs from me. Don't have an ace yet but could be fun in the Jeep too. Is there a way to get permission or pay to ride ?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts