Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up an 04 700 Sportsman last fall. The box of parts that came with it hafd a new belt PN# 3211069. I have since found a site that tells me that I need part# 3211091. Is this an updated part # or a whole different belt? are they interchangable? Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
36 Posts
IBelt #3211069 is listed for the 1998-2005 500 Sportsman not the 700. I have the same problem I have 2 of the belts for the 500 that come as extras for mmy 700. I am going to local dealer this morning since my belt blew apart last night . Just after finishing plowing. I will find out if they are interchangeable but didnt look so from the searching I did last night.

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
Roadman, those are two seperate belts, they are not completely interchangeable. 3211091 is the correct belt for you machine. now, if the 3211069 is the same width and diameter, then you could run that belt, although it will probably wear really fast. but it could be kept and used as an absolute emergency belt. if it is not the same total diameter, it wont work at all.

hope that helps.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Blueline, I will keep it in my trail pack for back-up until I get a chance to pull the cover off my machine and check that belt. then I can compare. ( As soon as it warms up a hair!!!) If it won't work I will keep my eye open for someone on the trail with a older 500 and trade him a beer for the belt. I do appreciate the feedback.

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
beer for a belt is a great trade, but if you find someone with a blow belt in the woods, id say a 6-pack minimum:biggthumpup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts