Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to add some lighting to the new XP, so I figured rear work lights in the rear lenses like Polaris used to have come standard and front fog lights in the brushguard would be nice. Did some research on the back tail lights with worklights and "Chuckraduenz" did an excellent write up on his worklight procedure on an XP. That can be seen here:

http://www.polarisatvforums.com/for...hts-led-taillights-work-lights-reg-plate.html

I ordered the rear worklight assemblies from my Polaris dealer. I purchased the wiring sockets from "Chuckraduenz" on his ebay page. I removed the back fenders to make the wiring easier and ran the wires along the frame up to the front. I also wired in the Rigid Industries Dually LED Fog Lights into the brushguard. These XP's have two hot wires when the key is turned on under the front rack by the battery (red,orange). This is where you can get the power from. I wired two switches to the headlight pod. Took the majority of a Saturday afternoon to do all the wiring.

After it was all working, I was sure amazed the amount of light from the LED fog lights, along with the rear work lights. It sure is nice to have extra lighting for getting back and forth in the woods.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Since I can only upload 5 pictures at a time, here are the lights all working. One of the pictures is with the regular headlights, the other is with the LED fog lights.

Attachments

·
Registered
619 Posts
The rigid LEDs look awesome. I wish they weren't so damn expensive, I would definitely add them.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I have the same Dually's on my 800 and can hardly tell the other lights are on!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
729 Posts
Gotta love the duallys !

·
Registered
274 Posts
The back up light idea is amazing. I was dragging a bear out two weeks ago and had a hell of a time seeing what was behind me. I don't think I am up for replacing the whole light assemblies though.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Replacing the lights is easier than finding a mount for aftermarket units.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
421 Posts
:biggthumpup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts