Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rode a buddy's Suzuki KQ 700 over the weekend. This is one of the only other full-size ATVs I've ever ridden so I was interested to compare it to my Polaris. Comparing a 700EFI to my 400HO isn't apples and apples, I realize.

The KQ was obviously more powerful than my 400HO, it was fun. Definitely moved when you hit the throttle. I could spin the tires easily, something I cannot do on my 400. That could have also been partially due to the very lame tires the KQ had. You could tell the KQ was lighter than the sportsman.

One the other hand.. I noticed immediately that my sportsman handles MUCH better. Once I got moving on the KQ, I felt like it was going to bounce me off of the machine, that all 4 tires were not always in contact with the ground, and the suspension was kind of stiff too. I actually got off of the machine and checked to see if it was solid axle, the way that it was bouncing me around. To me, it felt like it would be a lot harder to ride this machine aggressively, traction and handling were just not there in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
I have not ridden one but thanks for the evaluation, always nice to hear what people think of other wheelers

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
My friends wife has one. It actually rides pretty nice and has been maintenance free other than oil changes for 5 years and about 3500 miles of trails and plowing. Rode rough new till they let some air out of the tires. Still no where near as good as a Polaris though.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Suspension is one of the most important things to me next to power. Without a good ride and ability to handle the rough stuff, the power is useless. And I only weigh 130lbs so i need soft suspension. I rode a grizzly 700 and i didn't even move the shocks.
Plus i love the feeling of the rear end squat when you hammer the throttle on the 570! Like a trophy truck!

·
Registered
434 Posts
Before buying my Polaris 850 I test rode a new KingQuad 750 and Grizzly 700. Both had power steering. The Polaris is definitely a more plush ride. I wasn't disappointed in either of the machines really. Polaris is better suspension and had the touring seat that I really was after. If it hadn't been for the touring need I probably would have bought the KingQuad. Very nice machine!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts