Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I rode the 570 Sportsman yesterday. It was an EPS and EBS equipped model. It rides exactly like a regular sportsman as expected. The trans is still the same as the standard sportsmans. The airbox is a little different and the CVT ducting is in the same locations and thats a good thing. Clutching is really good and the seat is still really comfortable.

Power is better than the 500 but not even close to the grunt of the 800. It sort of feels in between. The prediction that it will be as powerful as the 800 is not accurate. Id say its a little closer to the 500 end but still noticable power over the 500. Something they added that is EXTREMELY annoying is that you have to pull the brake lever to start it even if your in neutral. Everything else is pretty much the same. Low beams still go out when you hit the high beams so the old three light mod is still in play. Plastic is shaped a little different and the floor boards are shaped different. A HUGE plus on the 570 is the racks have a base metal frame with exposed tubing for hooking things down. Polaris really dropped the ball when they went to the flat plastic racks and its nice to see them add this.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Good write up. One thing I like about the new 570 is the metal racking under the plastic. Thinking this winter I will be removing the racks and shaping my own frame underneath just so I can have the same option. About time Polaris did that.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Disappointing to hear the performance of it. I have friends with 570 and 800 RZR's and the 570 is quicker off the line to about 40-45 than the 800 all day every day. Must be in the trans.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Disappointing to hear the performance of it. I have friends with 570 and 800 RZR's and the 570 is quicker off the line to about 40-45 than the 800 all day every day. Must be in the trans.
Thinking he was talking about the Sportsman

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Yep, he's comparing the sportsman 500 and 570. And he mentioned that the 570 didn't feel anywhere near as powerful as the 800 sportsman. I am disappointed because the 570 in the RZR runs with the 800RZR anywhere. I figured the 570 sportsman would be putting the 500 and 550 out of business in the next year or two. Maybe not the case.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Yep, he's comparing the sportsman 500 and 570. And he mentioned that the 570 didn't feel anywhere near as powerful as the 800 sportsman. I am disappointed because the 570 in the RZR runs with the 800RZR anywhere. I figured the 570 sportsman would be putting the 500 and 550 out of business in the next year or two. Maybe not the case.
There is no way that just by riding a 570, that you can say if its as quick or slower than an 800 or not. The only way is to line them up side by side and see what happens. I'm not knocking the op here, but any testing without both machines is purely subjective. What he is feeling may be a completely different feeling to someone else, so a side by side test is the only non subjective way to reach a proper conclusion

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Agreed. My big bore Ultra doesn't feel as fast as my 98 xc700. But it is a whole lot faster. Just kind of sneaks up on you instead of kicking you in the a$$ so to speak.

·
Premium Member
2,545 Posts
Nice review and I appreciate it, along with many others here; but I think it is very subjective and would wait for a good "road test" by someone like Dirt Trax TV, or Outdoor Life, or ATV Television.
I'm not saying you review is not good, it is good to hear your opinions on the new machine; I wish I had the opportunity to test drive one :veryhappy:

·
Registered
2,054 Posts

There is no way that just by riding a 570, that you can say if its as quick or slower than an 800 or not. The only way is to line them up side by side and see what happens. I'm not knocking the op here, but any testing without both machines is purely subjective. What he is feeling may be a completely different feeling to someone else, so a side by side test is the only non subjective way to reach a proper conclusion
He owns a 2011 SP 800...just looked at his pofile. So I think he would have a good idea of the power difference.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I think the HP numbers of most manufacturers are questionable. My 550 is supposed to have more power than my 500, but the 500 is faster.

I think the real question is, is it faster than a 550.

I would think the 800 would be hard to beat on the bottom end, which would be more of a feel of the pants kind of thing. There is really no replacement for CIs when it come to bottom end torque.

Also, I thought it was supposed to have a new transmission???

Sean

·
Registered
572 Posts
So yesterday was a good day. Convinced my dealer who was nice enough to let us go out back in the field with a stock 570, couple good friends who one runs a stock 5 and the other stock 8.

We lined all 3 up. I will eliminate the 800, reason is well is took off like a bullet and just kept gaining distance.

Between the 500 & 570. They were both quick off the line the 500 took the lead pretty quick and gained a length. The 570 was gaining and about 35-40mph he slowly started taking the lead.

I was very impressed with that 570. It doesn't have the bottom end snap as a 500, but had a nice feel to it. Polaris dd a job in this bike and hope see what it has to offer in the future.

Now if they could just put the 1k motor in a sportsman! Christmas would be everyday

·
Registered
753 Posts
Lets talk about ride. How does it ride and handle compared to an XP? Wondering how much of a detriment the struts vs shocks/springs are

·
Registered
572 Posts
Lets
talk about ride. How does it ride and handle compared to an XP? Wondering how much of a detriment the struts vs shocks/springs are
The ride well it was just like riding a 500. The 3" they narrowrd on the seat was nice. If they had switched to a control arm setup it would be a complete different bike.

People do need to remember it is just a value line bike.

·
Super Moderator
7,132 Posts
Not sure why one would try to compare it to the 800 off the line. Pretty sure an 800 would jump the 850 right out of the box. Wouldn't take long to overtake, just saying the 800 is quick off the line. If one is concerned about top end, you shouldn't be looking at a single cylinder anyway. If the strut setup hasn't changed, it works very well. Guess I need to go find one and check it out first hand. Thanks for your review Thomas.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
I think there was was some speculation that it would be closer tho the 800 then the 500. No idea why though.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
610 Posts
So yesterday was a good day. Convinced my dealer who was nice enough to let us go out back in the field with a stock 570, couple good friends who one runs a stock 5 and the other stock 8.

We lined all 3 up. I will eliminate the 800, reason is well is took off like a bullet and just kept gaining distance.

Between the 500 & 570. They were both quick off the line the 500 took the lead pretty quick and gained a length. The 570 was gaining and about 35-40mph he slowly started taking the lead.

I was very impressed with that 570. It doesn't have the bottom end snap as a 500, but had a nice feel to it. Polaris dd a job in this bike and hope see what it has to offer in the future.

Now if they could just put the 1k motor in a sportsman! Christmas would be everyday
This test means nothing. They build a break in setting into the EFI computers.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts