Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rolled my XP last weekend Playing around in a walnut orchard, I was going around a tree when the rear end broke loose, as I crossed up to correct it the rear tire hit a rut and launched me about 12', Good thing I have many years of mountain biking crashes under my belt so it was a simple tuck and roll, As I looked back to see if I was going to be crushed by an XP, I watched as it settled upside down, ASAP I turned it off and had my brother help get it back on the tires....... Now I have brothers with Arctic Cats that have been rolled and the frames got tweeked and other damages. My Xp only had the fender pop loose and the winch switch broke, It was easy to pop the fenders back in and other than the winch switch nothing else was damaged! What a tough XP!!!!!!

Anyone else roll an XP with little Damage?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Nope but ive tried lol! Not to highjack your thread but do you get a clicking noise from your rear end? DONT SAY IT I KNOW!

Thanks

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
i got to go go to a dealer invite only test ride of the new XP's about 6 months before they were released to the general public. polaris was traveling around with a semi truck, and had about 12 XP's to start with.....2 of which had already been destroyed by people rolling them over, and over, and over....and the one day that we rode with the 10 remaining XPs, 3 more where rolled...all 3 survived to ride another day. they had told us all 10 remaining XP's had been rolled before that day, but i never would had guess that....

i did roll a 07 sportsman though up on its side, didnt break anything, not even plastic, i was amazed.
glad it turned out all right for you! now if ony that was on video

·
Premium Member
3,843 Posts
Glad you are okay. Those XP you test drove Blueline usually end up on eBay for sale as "demo units". I was once on a buying trip and met with a dealer who had 3. He had told me they were like new but when I got there I found it to be a different story.

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
Glad you are okay. Those XP you test drove Blueline usually end up on eBay for sale as "demo units". I was once on a buying trip and met with a dealer who had 3. He had told me they were like new but when I got there I found it to be a different story.
yeah, i would never buy one of those knowing just how hard i rode it. it had zero financial ties into so i rode the ever loving crap out of those things. powersliding around corners, gun it over tree logs, wide open throttle up step hills. those things are rode hard and put away wet, and i didnt have to pay for it if i broke it, it was awesome to do that...but wouldnt buy one after the fact

actually, i got to ride the 09 sportsman 800 6x6, same quad that is in my avatar, and i was the last person to ride it before we broke for lunch, during lunch we saw them loading it back into the trailer, asked them why, they said "somebody" (probably me) had broke the farthest rear CV joint...i was pretty proud

·
Registered
21 Posts
rolled xp

I also rolled mine last week i wasnt so lucky, broke rear rack, and cracked rear fender, also broke winch switch mount. i was wonderering, if any one knows where to find just the mount cause polaris wants 46$ for the whole thing when all i need is the mount any ideas? thanks

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thats what I'm doin', use the broken mount as a guide for the mount hole spacing, Actually I'm trying to make a mount so the switch is below the handle bar, Kinda didn't like it up that high anyway.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Good to know they are a tough machine, hopefully I won't roll mine. Glad you're OK!

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Yeah I have had mine on it's side but never on it's lid. Just a few scratches.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts