Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2012 Polaris Sportsman. I have not been able to ride it for a couple of months. I started it up and rode it around the house today. I drove it on my street and noticed that it was "hopping or rolling" on hard pavement. There seems to be a squeek in the right front. I noticed it rolling before and I had a torn boot on a back axle. I checked everything and all boots and axles are fine. Any thoughts? I admit that I am a relatively new owner and don't know much about working on these.

·
Registered
417 Posts
When you say hopping in the front.. are you saying a front wheel is locking up and making it hop on that wheel? Have you raised it up and checked for a locked up wheel?

12 850EPS Short bus edition

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Check your tire pressure! On pavement if the front tires have different pressure it will give you that swishy rolling feeling. Also on pavement the rear tires will scrub(hop) in turns because of the locked rear axle, this is normal.

·
Registered
2007 500x2 le
867 Posts
Mine does the samething after it sits for more then a couple weeks I found the tires have flat Spots from sitting in the same position. Take it for a good drive and I'm sure it will be smooth again also check your air pressure after its sits for extended periods

·
Registered
993 Posts
Just what shane o said^^^^^^

1 - 6 of 6 Posts