Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just bought our first real ATV for trail riding. Is there anything we should watch for on a 2011 Polaris Sportsman 850 Touring? Only has 300 miles on it. Looking forward to riding the trails in Colorado around Gunnison.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Welcome to the forums. I'd just keep an eye on the usual new quad things. Fluid levels, air pressure in tires, keep it greased. If it sits for very long a battery tender is a good idea.
Have fun with it and be safe.

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I think people were having trouble with oil in the air box but I'm not sure if it was on the 11's or not. If you search the forum I believe there's a thread on it.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Welcome to the site!

·
Super Moderator
7,022 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I think people were having trouble with oil in the air box but I'm not sure if it was on the 11's or not. If you search the forum I believe there's a thread on it.
The 2011's seemed to have this problem more than the other years. There are a couple of different fixes for it that are easy and one doesn't cost anything and the other is fairly cheap.
You're going to really like the new atv, just be careful with your right thumb. :lmao:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Breather Kit.

Tell your dealer to get you the Breather Kit (part number 2204755). It's a new design so you don't get oil in your airbox for no reason. I just got mine installed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts