Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I did some research on here and saw some of u mounted your rotopax fuel cans on your front rack of your sportsmans. I have an 11 850 xp and was wondering do they make lock and ride lock mounts for those fuel cans? Or do you have to buy a mounting plate? Tried getting ahold of rotopax directly but they never got back to me. If you have any suggestions answers I would love to hear them. Thanks guys/gals appreciate it!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You would think that rotopax would make something for the lock and ride holes. I know you can fabricate something that would work but then what if you don't want to carry them one day and when you take the plate off then you have holes in your rack

·
Registered
420 Posts
It would be nice if Rotopax (or someone) made a mount like the universal mount that would fit the lock and ride holes. The existing one is too small.

·
8,729 Posts
"Tried getting ahold of rotopax directly but they never got back to me."

I find that hard to believe. I've called them several times and have always had someone answer the phone and immediately help me with any questions or requests for parts or service. I've also emailed and gotten a quick response every time...Great company, great products and great people.

·
Registered
96 Posts
mounted mine on my front box rotopax has all the mounts

·
Premium Member
7,402 Posts
I mounted mine up to the front cargo box by bolting it up. Chk over with "the atv superstore" they have lock and ride rotopax set ups.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Those that have mounted on the front box, did you deal the mount holes with rtv when installing the mounts?

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
^ im curious as well. was going to buy the inn box stratp kit, but dont want to loose all my storage.

·
Premium Member
7,402 Posts
I didn't use any rtv. Don't plan on having the front of my quad under water either. Water has splashed up over the front and I have ridden in the rain with no water penetration into my front cargo compartment. If it is a concern i would suggest sealing washers for a water proofing effect.

·
Super Moderator
6,952 Posts
I put a dab of silicone on the bolts when I mounted the Rotopax mount on my front box. I have never had any water get in the box, even when using a pressure washer.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Figured it will be best......thanks guys

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
do the rotopax cans block the headlight pod though when you have them on there. I don't have the front lock and ride box but was thinking about putting the single mount plates on either side of the pod on the front rack so it doesn't block the light.

·
Registered
96 Posts
wont block the light with no box does some with the box but i dont mind i can get out of were im at night with the 2 front lights and i got plenty of gas with the roto pax

·
Registered
204 Posts
mounted mine on the rear bumper using the RZR plate.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts