Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,589 Posts
i know bigirard fits two packs in his lock n ride if he doesn't chime in IM him.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I know two one gallon cans can fit on each side of the storage box but is what imwounder is can I put two 1.75 gallon Roto pax in thete

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Not in the front lock and ride. Only 2 one gallon rotopaxs. You will also have to replace the lock and ride hardware with a solid bolt or the tanks won't fit. The lock and ride lever lock handle will be in the way. Easy fix as you can buy a bolt at hardware store. But you will have to use two wrenches to remove and install the lock and ride cargo box, no longer a lock and ride but who cares? Never take it off anyway unless doing maintenance.

·
Premium Member
10,589 Posts
Not in the front lock and ride. Only 2 one gallon rotopaxs. You will also have to replace the lock and ride hardware with a solid bolt or the tanks won't fit. The lock and ride lever lock handle will be in the way. Easy fix as you can buy a bolt at hardware store. But you will have to use two wrenches to remove and install the lock and ride cargo box, no longer a lock and ride but who cares? Never take it off anyway unless doing maintenance.
that would be a no go for me, I think. when away for days on a ride I have to take the front box off to get the hose in to wash the rad and I avoid the mud. I have also been on longer day rides where I needed access to the rad to do a quick wash.

·
Registered
166 Posts
A friend of mine carries a 2 gal pack on top of the front rack. He rides a Sportsman 800.

·
Premium Member
10,589 Posts
this is how I mounted mine up. I can go up in size or stack them.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I was thinking about doing 2, 2 gallon packs on the side of the rear lock and go box. Not sure about the weight or fit yet. Gonna be a trail and error thing when I get the extra dough.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah I have the touring model and im going to be putting on the rap around storage on the two up seat so im trying to find out how to carry extra fuel as well

·
Premium Member
10,589 Posts
Yeah I have the touring model and im going to be putting on the rap around storage on the two up seat so im trying to find out how to carry extra fuel as well

how much fuel do u want to carry? I know a couple of members bolt cans on the left and right side of their front storage. or do the two 1 gal cans inside the front lock n ride.

·
Premium Member
10,589 Posts
like kemblkr stated u have to use bolts instead of the lock n ride latches and ur good to go.

·
Registered
204 Posts
mounted mine on the rear bumper using the RZR plate.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts