Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My just over six month old 570 Sportsman started stalling out occasionally going up hills after it had about 700 miles on it. Started doing it more frequently and now has a very rough idle and sometimes dies and will not start again. Did all the usual, changed air filter, replaced with new fuel, even changed oil. No water in the oil or gas. When it first started stalling out I put in fuel injector cleaner and it ran good after that. Once that burned through the gas tank and I refueled, it started stalling out again and started running real rough at idle. If it misses going up hills and I hit the throttle it goes real good. Now it misses badly while idling but again if I give gas it smooths out and runs well until I let it go back down to idle. Any ideas would be appreciated.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds like a good idea. Probably do that before I take it to the dealer. They want $400 for a fuel pump plus labor. Ridiculous. I see them online for about a hundred bucks. Can there be that much difference in quality?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Have you confirmed that’s the problem? That is a great pump.
No I have not tested it yet. I need to get a pressure tester. Can that be hooked up where the fuel line connects to the rail by the fuel injector without taking off all the plastics to expose the fuel pump itself?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Have you confirmed that’s the problem? That is a great pump.
I got a pressure tester and tested it. It is giving me 60 PSI pressure. Is that what it is supposed to be? Now I am thinking maybe the fuel filter is clogged. Does anyone know where that is located and how I get to it?
Okay, I got 60 so guess the fuel pump is just fine.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The description you are giving and based on other machines with similar issues, could it simply need a valve adjustment?
Okay guys it's running much better now. After all of this I think it was just water in the gas. Even though I pumped out the gas (or at least as much as I could get out) and put in fresh, there was probably still some water in the bottom of the tank and I could only idle the engine since I can't ride it out on the street here. We were in the mountains for 2 weeks with lots of temperature changes so a lot of condensation probably occurred. Today I put some HEET in the tank and it ran much better after that. I think I'm good to go thanks for all your help guys. It's definitely a learning curve since this is my first ATV.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts