Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,
Just thought I'd drop this line for people who are interested. Im using Royal purple 0-40 in my 570 with a royal purple filter as well. Will up date later on down the road with results, if any arise. Not saying what oil to use, just giving info on what I happen to be useing, for people who are thinking about trying RP oils.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I use royal purple in every thing. Trimmers, lawn mowers, chain saws, and all my vehicles.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Are you also a dealer? As this seems like a shameless plug for the product. :D

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is not, I was wondering if people has used it in their ATV and could not find much when I searched. So I decided to use it and post my results. I don't know if it will make my ATV "better" or not, most likely not any better than other synthetics, just what I have chosen to use.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I used it in my ranger 700 worked fine

·
Registered
291 Posts
I just bought some royal purple gear oil. Going to put it diff's

·
Registered
7,464 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Not saying this caused it, Polaris did not say this caused it, but i put royal purple in my 570 after it broke in. The first ride I went out on is when the motor got trashed. Only had 22hr on the motor.
I like royal purple a lot, put some between your fingers and its about the slimiest stuff out there, but while you have a warranty I would stick with PS-4 so if anything happens they can't blame you for not using the recommended oil.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You guys are buying the expensive stuff.

Ronnie
But of Cousre..... Only the best! Would you expect anything less?
Its not the best, nor is it expensive. PS-4 and polaris filter are the same price, most of the time more. Are you OK mustbenice?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Not saying this caused it, Polaris did not say this caused it, but i put royal purple in my 570 after it broke in. The first ride I went out on is when the motor got trashed. Only had 22hr on the motor.
I like royal purple a lot, put some between your fingers and its about the slimiest stuff out there, but while you have a warranty I would stick with PS-4 so if anything happens they can't blame you for not using the recommended oil.
Wow, that's sucks man. That's always in the back of my mind, that I will have some catastrophic failure. Until I have run it for 6 more months I think it will still linger there. One must cross fingers and hope for the best! Lol.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Under 5 bucks a quart for Mobile 1 0W40 at Wal mart when you buy a jug of it. Around 4 bucks for a Pure 1 filter from Wal Mart. The Polaris oil for everything has always been 0W40 until the XP came out then wham lets go to a 5W50 or 10W50. Not many people carry a 5W50 where I live so I will not buy stealer price for oil.

Polaris cannot deny you warranty for using a different brand of oil if it meets or exceeds specs. My dealer even knows this and they aren't the smartest kids on the block. They have to have everything tested at their expense and they won't do it.

Ronnie

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah, royal purple at Walmart or any other brick store is around 8.99-9.99. I buy mine by the case online, comes out to around $6 depending on who's having a sale, so not too bad. Everything peachy so far, 40 miles with rp. Been worrying though, when I changed it the little brass washer fell into the drain pan, did not notice until after new oil was in. I'll replace it next change, but it hasn't leaked thus far.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts