Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you guys installed something on the racks to help with anti skid and gouging of the plastic?

I haul a lot of stuff that could give the racks a serious beating without something underneath. Never really had to worry about that much with metal racks.

I've been looking at stuff like hydroturf or even the interlocking anti fatigue or EVA foam mats. They could be cut to fit the rack and held down with the lock & ride tiedowns that I am fixing to make.

Anyone done anything similar?

·
Registered
209 Posts
I use a yoga mat similar to this one from walmart and cut to fit between the rack and cargo box! It keeps the rack looking new! Another option would be paint the racks with roll on bedliner!

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
I hadn't thought about this idea. But when you asked the first thing I thought of was the liners for tool boxes or kitchen drawers.

CW

·
Registered
7,463 Posts
The first thing I thought of was old conveyor belt. SUPER tough and many of them are rubberized for limited sliding. Also, could be cut to fit. Could probably get a section of used track for pretty cheap. if you've got the right connections you could probably get it for free. pretty sure I could get some for free.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts