Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys so I am in the market for a new set of tires.. I have a 2010 Sportsman 550xp and i'm interested in what size tires i should put on looking online they say that they should be 26/ 8-14's in front and 26/ 10-14's in the rear.. I was looking online and shopping and found some nice Big Horns and another Set of Interco Reptiles that i was interested in.. my questions are.. which set are a better tire.. i've read tons of reviews but havent' found anythin conclusive concerning these tires side by side.. also would there be any rubbing issues.. if i ran say a 26/ 9-14's in front and 26/ 11-14's in rear if i just have a standard sportsman xp with no lift ?

Thanks,

·
Registered
679 Posts
No rubbing issues to worry about. Big Horns have a really good reputation. I know nothing of the Reptiles. Anything is better than stock. I'm not a fan of directional tires, I'd look hard at the Big Horns.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
as Hawk said, size wise you are fine.

i believe its Bobx2 that has 3000+ mile son his Bighorns. thats a sellling point if ive ever heard one. i am planning on ordering a set possibly today or tomorrow. where did you find your best price?

i found them for $483.xx Shipped from Rockymountainatvmc.com

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I just bought a set of Maxxis Bighorns at Mud-Throwers for $398!!!! ....Im gonna put them on my wifes 550 check them out

1 - 4 of 4 Posts