Polaris ATV Forum banner

21 - 40 of 183 Posts

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
Come on Indy everybody knows Honda is the reliability king of all Quads. They might not put out earth shattering power which everybody doesn't want but they hold up better than anything on the market. As I get older the more I think of getting a Honda for that reason. I have been burned out putting bushings, brakes, ball joints on my XP every so and so miles. We talk about Honda being in the stone age but Polaris has not stepped up to the plate yet to fix the small POPO issues that plague the XP line.

Ronnie
The 680:uses a 3 speed car auto, ok for trails, wicked engine braking, not a work machine. The 500 with the Hondamatic is rock solid. Now with a real IRS and a front diff lock, they are quite impressive.

Lower HP numbers seems to equal more reliable. Hopefully the Rubicon 500 gets the ssme new overhaul.

Will look at them when I finally upgrade my 400.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
good and I am sure there is a Honda forum for you to talk about them there or what a minute Honda is not online yet or they would notice there are still in the 80's
I have a 05 500 sportsman with 6200 miles on it put front tires on and a belt and oil changes and 2 batterys never heard of so many problems as you guys speak of I still have the 500 and now the 850 not one problem you guys speak of and now hopefully in 2 weeks my new 1000 sportsman will be in
we have a pretty big group and a ton of Polaris atv's around here I think every farmer one one or 2 and none complain about bushing and seals and belts and tc etc etc I think you guys just wish you owned a polaris

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
good and I am sure there is a Honda forum for you to talk about them there or what a minute Honda is not online yet or they would notice there are still in the 80's
I have a 05 500 sportsman with 6200 miles on it put front tires on and a belt and oil changes and 2 batterys never heard of so many problems as you guys speak of I still have the 500 and now the 850 not one problem you guys speak of and now hopefully in 2 weeks my new 1000 sportsman will be in
we have a pretty big group and a ton of Polaris atv's around here I think every farmer one one or 2 and none complain about bushing and seals and belts and tc etc etc I think you guys just wish you owned a polaris
I own an 850 that was just rebuilt bc the timing gear. Now as far as other problems ive only had axle issue on front.(which I was mudding) but a new motor with 50hrs. Thats not a very good taste in my mouth. Its just a matter of any more problems before I get another in a few yrs.

·
Banned
2,959 Posts
Come on Indy everybody knows Honda is the reliability king of all Quads. They might not put out earth shattering power which everybody doesn't want but they hold up better than anything on the market. As I get older the more I think of getting a Honda for that reason. I have been burned out putting bushings, brakes, ball joints on my XP every so and so miles. We talk about Honda being in the stone age but Polaris has not stepped up to the plate yet to fix the small POPO issues that plague the XP line.

Ronnie
The 680:uses a 3 speed car auto, ok for trails, wicked engine braking, not a work machine. The 500 with the Hondamatic is rock solid. Now with a real IRS and a front diff lock, they are quite impressive.

Lower HP numbers seems to equal more reliable. Hopefully the Rubicon 500 gets the ssme new overhaul.

2015 Rubicon just got the new Foreman 500 engine. 5 speedor 5 speed with dual clutch, a locker AND INDEPENDENT REAR!
2015 FourTrax Foreman Rubicon 4x4 Overview - Honda Powersports

·
Registered
276 Posts
Xp line needs update I think sportsman twin exhaust and Rzr 1000 tail lights on the back side

·
Registered
416 Posts
Lots of bitching at Honda but they finally updated the rubicon. The le looks great. For polaris I expect a 550 scrambler and a 570 with less gremlins.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts

Ronnie

2015 Rubicon just got the new Foreman 500 engine. 5 speedor 5 speed with dual clutch, a locker AND INDEPENDENT REAR!
I wonder why they switched the motor over to the forman motor

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
don't matter what they do new
PUT LIPSTICK ON A PIG YEP STILL A PIG

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
So the announcement is supposed to be today? Where can I find it?

·
Registered
276 Posts
That when it all goes on line or just slingshot ?

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
all goes online after 7:30 that's when the dealers are done viewing in the Minneapolis

·
Registered
276 Posts
Sweet it's long time waiting lol also most want go to the dealer show

·
Registered
81 Posts
The Polaris site shows the Slingshot being released in just under two hours, must be at the dealer show I guess.

Sure looking forward to seeing next year's lineup!

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
honestly could care less about the slingshot as I'm not in the market for anything like that. But I would love to see the new off road line up for all lines. UP DATE THE WEBSITE ALREADY! lol.

·
Registered
55 Posts

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
Wow! Honda finally did something. I'll bet that Rubicon is finally a decent 500cc machine that competes with the best of them. Too bad the other brands either already have, or are releasing, 1000cc machines.
The bulk of ATV sales are in the 400-500 cc range. This makes sense bigtime. Big bore and uber bore sales are a smaller portion of the pie.

21 - 40 of 183 Posts