Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 Polaris magnum 325 it was gave to me it has set outside for 4 yrs. Got it to run clean carb new intake to carb boot new fuel ones it run 10 or 15 then it's stop any help

·
Registered
7 Posts
My guess is spark, Check the ohms .makes sure all the pickups and packs are good

Sent from my SM-S367VL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,620 Posts
Assuming you mean it will sit and idle for 10 minutes then stop, you could very well have a fuel pump not working. Test that first. Under the left front fender on the top frame rail. 3 tubes. One is vacuum from the intake side of the carb, one from the fuel shut off and the last goes to the carb. Pull the carb one and see what comes out. Then crank the machine and notice the difference.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've cleaned out fuel tank all new fuel line cleaned the carb installed new intake boot run about 10. Min it seam like when motor warm up she dies let cool few mins fires back then dies

·
Premium Member
3,620 Posts
I have experience with a fuel pump failure. The pump is needed, you can’t bypass it and expect it to run properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,620 Posts
Gravity is not enough to run the engine.

·
Premium Member
3,620 Posts
Gravity will work fine as long as the tank is full
Yep but before it gets down to half a tank she would not be running

·
Premium Member
3,620 Posts
I ran into this on the trail with my Magnum, the first time I had it out. Full tank of fuel it ran great. After the fuel level got down a bit it acted lean pop and sputter but if I let it sit for a while, it would start and run for a short time. Got towed the last mile or so into lunch and put fuel in it. Ran great again. Got it back home and found the fuel pump was shot. The bottom of the tank is not that far above the carb so there just isn't enough difference in height to make it work right. Without the fuel pump the fuel trickles out but not fast enough to keep the float bowl full. So it runs out of fuel. Let it sit and the trickle of fuel refills the float bowl and it will run until the bowl is empty again.

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
A dirty fuel filter can cause it to act the same way even if the fuel pump is working, but alcohol in the fuel will destroy the pump and lines before the filter is damaged, but deteriorated rubber from the pump and lines can clog the filter before the pump or lines fail completely.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts