Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I have this problem with my 2005 Polaris sportsman 800 twin efi. I can go out hard for a few hours then just out of the blue it seems like it's starving for fuel. It sounds like the gas is boiling lol . I let it sit for an hour and it runs fine till it seems like it gets hot . Any idea? I'm at my wits end. Every time I think I have it fixed it does it again.??? If you need any more info I'll be happy to let you know. Thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
Maybe check for any blocks/kinks in muffler. Would run good until too much back pressure? That or check the fuel lines would be a good start. Any idea if it still has spark after it dies? Could also try running with your gas cap loosened, I've heard of some people having issues with that.

Edit: The guys under me are right. That makes way more sense than my stuff.

·
Super Moderator
6,990 Posts
Your fuel pump is getting hot. If you were to top it off with fuel when it dies, I bet it would fire right back up. The more gas you have in the tank, the cooler your fuel pump will stay. Check to make sure the reflective heat shield is still on the bottom side of your fuel tank as well. There is a tremendous amount of heat coming off of the headers, which are right underneath the gas tank. Might need to start shopping for a new fuel pump. The older they get, the more the heat affects them.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Your fuel pump is getting hot. If you were to top it off with fuel when it dies, I bet it would fire right back up. The more gas you have in the tank, the cooler your fuel pump will stay. Check to make sure the reflective heat shield is still on the bottom side of your fuel tank as well. There is a tremendous amount of heat coming off of the headers, which are right underneath the gas tank. Might need to start shopping for a new fuel pump. The older they get, the more the heat affects them.
This Right Here ^^^ What He Said!!! :fing02:

And your gas probably is boiling.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts