Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone picked up Dynojet Power Vision 3 yet from RVS Perfromance versus sending out
your ECU for a reflash? Just wondering if any of you have got it and what your experiences were
like. Been thinking about picking one up versus sending my ECU out

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So, I should be receiving my Dynojet Power Vision 3 today. This is what I'm taking for the "gains" on a 2016 sportsman 450 and a 2016 sportsman 570 are as follows:
  • for the 16 450, they actually used a 570 engine that was "programmed down" to 50% of its engine capacity. In 2017+ polaris put in the 500 engines
  • By flashing the ECU of the 16' 450 with the stage 1 tune, you'd get a gain of 11 whp = 50% gain at the wheels w/ 91 octane
  • By flashing the ECU of the 16' 570 with the stage 1 tune, you's get a gain of 5 whp based on 91 Octane, and with the stage 2 tune you'd get a gain on 8 whp based on 91 octane
There are other numerous gains by flashing the ECU per RVS data/statements as well such as (direct from their site)
  • All tunes revise fuel/air ratio for max torque/pwr
  • With the ECU flash, fuel programmers are no longer needed, can be eliminated
  • spark timing optimized for 91 octane
  • rev & speed limiters reduced or eliminated
  • throttle response much better
  • Reduces "turn on" temp for radiator fan so things keep cooler
One other important note: Once the device is purchased, a license is purchased (single license for a single machine), and a tune file is purchased, so you are able to "tune" a single machine. If you wanted to tune another machine you'll have to purchase another license and tune file which on average is running $298.00. If you want to purchase additional tune file let's say once you added snorkels which is considered "an aftermarket intake"..it'll run you about another $50. So...once you get past the initial purchase price and want to flash additional machines, you're looking at about $298 per additional machine. The cost isn't too bad if you have a 2016 450 and want to unleash the potential of that 570 engine that's actually in it..right? You would have paid the original purchase price for the 450 machine and for under $300 get the upgrade to the power of a 570 (obviously not including the purchase price of the flash device and the original tune files).
Just food for thought.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have had the power vision 3 and rvs tunes on my 16 570 sp for the past year or so. It is worth every penny! My bike also got the big guns full exhaust and some intake box mods to get more air in at the same time but stage 3 will easily ride wheelies that drag the ass end.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have had the power vision 3 and rvs tunes on my 16 570 sp for the past year or so. It is worth every penny! My bike also got the big guns full exhaust and some intake box mods to get more air in at the same time but stage 3 will easily ride wheelies that drag the ass end.
Ryan sent me my flash file yesterday so I flashed my machine when I got home from work and took it for a test drive.
The machine did seem like it was a bit more "peppy", but...for some reason I felt that with my HMF fuel controller it ran a bit smoother. Who the hell knows...maybe its all in my head.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Ryan sent me my flash file yesterday so I flashed my machine when I got home from work and took it for a test drive.
The machine did seem like it was a bit more "peppy", but...for some reason I felt that with my HMF fuel controller it ran a bit smoother. Who the hell knows...maybe its all in my head.

·
Registered
28 Posts
When i installed my stage 3 tune with big gun exhaust, fuel tuner, added air to airbox and a clutch kit all at one time was a huge difference

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When i installed my stage 3 tune with big gun exhaust, fuel tuner, added air to airbox and a clutch kit all at one time was a huge difference
So I’ve ridden the machine a few more times since my last post and I stand corrected. I’ve noticed a huge difference now after riding it for another 8 hours. Overall very pleased.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Where do you notice the biggest increase? Have you any other machines to compare it to? On paper thats a pretty big jump in power from stock.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts