Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like Polaris just settled for $27.25 million on those RZR bikes that were catching fire.

This is not good news for us who buy these things. Forget about the fires. The costs are going to go beserk.

I know It can’t end up good. Hope it won’t make them go BK.

Here’s some of the article in Business Journal

Polaris to pay $27.25 million to settle federal complaint over recalls

Polaris Industries Inc. on Monday said it would pay a $27.25 million penalty to settle a Consumer Product Safety Commission complaint that it was late in reporting safety problems with some of its RZR off-road vehicles.

The CPSC said Medina-based Polaris (NYSE: PII) had received information that some Polaris RZR off-road vehicles could catch fire while driving them. The complaints involved model years 2013-2016 RZR 900 and model years 2014-2016 RZR 1000 ROVs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
They'll be alright. Even with that payout and all their other screw-ups ,they've still been giving a 2% dividend on stocks.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Not to mention all the denied warranty claims moving forward.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Yeah. But when guys swamp their bikes. Clean em up and bring em in, playing stupid, can you blame them?
Agreed, but I’m talking legit claims that Polaris will try and weasel out of now that they just lost their ass and will be looking to recoup.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah. But when guys swamp their bikes. Clean em up and bring em in, playing stupid, can you blame them?

Would you prefer they bring em in and say I’m guilty when they are not ?

You can clean up a bike all you want. The evidence will always rear its ugly head of water. Change the oil ? Better put used oil back in, because fresh oil is another evidence give away.

·
Banned
2,959 Posts

Would you prefer they bring em in and say I’m guilty when they are not ?

You can clean up a bike all you want. The evidence will always rear its ugly head of water. Change the oil ? Better put used oil back in, because fresh oil is another evidence give away.

Are you for real?? Not guilty, is not guilty.

I see so many guys on forums sink their bikes, clean em up and try and get warranty. It's dishonest and the reason we pay do much to buy these machines. And the reason the dealer/ Manu try and deny alot of legit claims.

You sink it. You pay!

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Polaris and Cand-hams are the two biggest players in the game. 27 million dollars is a drop in the hat to them. Doubt they claimed insurance. They paid to get rid of the problem

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Polaris and Cand-hams are the two biggest players in the game. 27 million dollars is a drop in the hat to them. Doubt they claimed insurance. They paid to get rid of the problem

Still sux because that money gotta get made back up,,,,and guess where ?

Expect Polaris price increases across the board, sales,service,parts.

Sad

·
8,919 Posts
Don't know why you'd be sad about it?? If they "settled" for 27 mil that means that the case if tried to a verdict would have cost them 35-50 mil or more! That's WHY you settle. Not knowing any of the facts of the case, that settlement may have been VERY reasonable. When you settle a case you have a say in the structure and payment schedule. If its tried you have no say whatsoever.
That is also good incentive for the company not to ignore known defects and to comply with recalls. I don't see that as a BAD thing.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Cand-hams . . .LOL

Oh they definitely paid to get rid of the problem. Large companies buy insurance precisely for this purpose. Their strategy is to keep their own money for cash flow and to pay insurance premiums (which will most likely go up now) and let the insurance do what it was intended to do. Much like one using car insurance in the event of an accident.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts