Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure this has been asked before but here goes.

Found some 15 RZR 12" wheels. But the center bore on my 2020 sportsman 570 is about 5 1/4 but the RZR wheel about about 4 1/2" .
The bolt pattern matches up but there is tabs between the studs about 1/4" tall that will not allow the RZR wheel to fit on the hub. So am I looking at spacer?

·
Premium Member
9,943 Posts
yup going to need 1" spacers.

·
Premium Member
9,943 Posts
Yup they'll see e you well.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
OP if your putting 27x8x12 tires on your Sportsman 570 why are you changing wheels? Is it because you just want aluminum wheels? I must have missed something, sorry.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes just wanting a little taller ride. My grandson that is autistic loves to ride with me. But he is 150lbs + so with him on it the thing squats. Oh and the are 27x9 front. If I said 27x8 that is just my dislexia showing up.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Ok then if 9” up front you would have to change. That will definitely help but if I could make another suggestion then I’d say Highlifter HD Springs. Your weight plus his 150 lbs. is asking a lot of OE springs. Good luck and post some pics with new tires!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
HD springs would be a good idea..

Would 1" spacers be wide enough? Is the a specific brand that is good?

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
HD springs would be a good idea..

Would 1" spacers be wide enough? Is the a specific brand that is good?
HD springs have nothing to do with or without you using wheel spacers. I only suggested them because you said when you and grandson are on machine it “squats”. HD springs will do far more to improve suspension than bigger tires IMO.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm sure this has been asked before but here goes.

Found some 15 RZR 12" wheels. But the center bore on my 2020 sportsman 570 is about 5 1/4 but the RZR wheel about about 4 1/2" .
The bolt pattern matches up but there is tabs between the studs about 1/4" tall that will not allow the RZR wheel to fit on the hub. So am I looking at spacer?
Like this ?

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Those are stock rims and tires off a RZR , 27 inch. Quarter inch spacers , machined the hub tabs down and had to install longer wheel studs. I dont like the full spacers because they make the bike too wide. We have gated trails up here. Ran them on the bike when it was stock too.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Those are stock rims and tires off a RZR , 27 inch tires. Quarter inch spacers , machined the locating tabs down on my hubs and put longer wheel studs in. I dont like the full spacers because we have gated trails up here. And I tan them on the atv when it was stock too.

·
Registered
12 Posts
None at all. I just shaved them down enough to be level with my spacers. If I had to do it again I would use three eighths spacers next time. But other than that I am happy. And I can still use my stock steel wheels in the winter. I had to buy new lug nuts too cause the aluminum rims use tapered seat nuts.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
3/8" spacers? Where did you find them?
And do you know what length the new studs were?

·
Registered
12 Posts
New studs were bought from Polaris dealer , 3 inch I think. And my dealer has a local shop make quarter inch spacers for him. Next ones I'll make myself but I was in a hurry when I was building the bike.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts