Polaris ATV Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Your more than welcome to have them. But just remember- these wheels are “Wheel Centric Hubs”. The tabs are what take the weight in transition from wheel to tire. “Lug Centric Hubs” take the weight from tires to lugs to wheel. These lugs aren’t designed for that. Those tabs that you will file off have a purpose! They are not there just to center the tire. Look at picture below. I mounted them and picture speaks for itself. I also spoke with Polaris and they confirmed wheels are HUB centric. I wouldn’t personally do what you are planning on doing, but I guess you wouldn’t be the first. Although I’ve never heard of filing off hub tabs. Let me know if you still want them.
FB8E7D20-8206-4FC7-941D-714101C6F223.png

·
Registered
12 Posts
Tapered lugnuts with aluminum rims, been beating on mine for months with this set up. Never a problem. Your pix shows the spacers with steal wheels and flat lug nuts. I wouldn't run that personally.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Tapered lugnuts with aluminum rims, been beating on mine for months with this set up. Never a problem. Your pix shows the spacers with steal wheels and flat lug nuts. I wouldn't run that personally.
And I didn’t. I wouldn’t “cut” tabs off a hub-centric wheel either and then expect lugs that weren’t designed to carry the weight.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
All good bud. I just couldn’t give him 3/8” spacers in good faith without telling him what I thought. If he wanted them still then I would’ve sent them.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts