·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sure does. It was nice to see the roll cage did its job. The rest... well that didn't fair out so well. Guess they might think about throwin some brain buckets on next time too

·
Premium Member
10,370 Posts
Wasn't sure if I wanted to watch this, don't like seeing people get hurt so I shy away from crash/injury type vids. Initially I was also wondering why they didn't have helmets on. I will say those harnesses is what saved them from a lot more injury.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Absolutely. If one of them got ejected at that speed, call the helicopter cause someone's goin to be hurt bad

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
^ X3

That roll cage could kill ya without a helmet, i would reatehr ride an ATV without a helmet than have that much steel near my head without one.

·
Super Moderator
7,049 Posts
Don't know what it is about side by sides that make folks think they don't need a helmet. I would say the no helmet riders out number the smart ones by at least 10:1. Not quite that bad on atv's, but still way too many unprotected riders out there.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Like already stated..... it can happen quick and x5 on the lids! Good thing all were okay!!

On a funny note (since they appeared to be okay, other than hitting her head)..... at the start of the video they were all about smacking on their bubble gum and in the end no one was chewing. Must have swallowed it! Funny how the body has that reaction..... I know I've done it. :D

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
From the scenery that looked more like it started as a flip...

X1000 on the brain buckets.

and why the rush to turn off the camera? the damage was already done.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Yes good thing no one was hurt. As far as side by sides and helmets, I think many think they are protected because they are "strapped" in. They may not be thrown and or stay in the same position but that won't stop a large boulder from invading the cab space while the vehicle is rolling or coming to rest. Rock versus human tissue.....Rock usually wins. Even more dangerous is a quad rider without a helmet but I think it is more common with the side by sides due to a false sense of security.

"Dress for the crash not for the ride"

·
Registered
12 Posts
wow , with u guys on the helmets , aint it the law in usa ? u noticed in most of the crash videos , they are allways trying to look cool , lucky they wernt hurt , he should ov spent more time looking were he was going rather than looking were he,d been

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
She clearly mentions that she smacked her head. Helmets just seem appropriate.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes good thing no one was hurt. As far as side by sides and helmets, I think many think they are protected because they are "strapped" in. They may not be thrown and or stay in the same position but that won't stop a large boulder from invading the cab space while the vehicle is rolling or coming to rest. Rock versus human tissue.....Rock usually wins. Even more dangerous is a quad rider without a helmet but I think it is more common with the side by sides due to a false sense of security.

"Dress for the crash not for the ride"
Yes I think the surrounding of a roll cage and having harnesses, give some people the false sense of security. What they don't think of too, is a helmet won't only protect your dome in a crash but it protects you from roost from other riders and other trail obstacles. Can't tell ya how many times surprise downed trees and limbs at head height have popped up out of nowhere.

Dress for the crash not the ride
I hear that all the time when riding my Harley. It honestly makes me cringe when I see people riding in wife beater, shorts and flip flops. The good makings of quick road pizza.....

·
Registered
2,980 Posts

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
then they wonder why they have to make laws
it is to protect the idiots
now what if he had hurt or even killed his lady, looking cool is not worth it

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
warning label work against nature. Natural selection is a good thing people.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
"i hit my head but I think I am ok"...

They must have a bunch of money to have helmets and goggles that look exactly like their heads with sunglasses on....:ziplip:

Sean

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Natural selection is a good thing people.
Yep, exactly. Here's your Darwin award rzr riders.

Never met anyone with a traumatic brain injury that said "I'm really glad I left my helmet at home."

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
She stated she hit her head........they got lucky.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts