Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to improve the hill climbing ability of a RZR 1000 S by upgrading the stock tires to something taller and more aggressive.
Probably looking for a directional tire so that it will clean out better in the mud holes also.
Any suggestions? I like the performance of the Mega Mayhems on my scrambler but not sure if they'll do as well on a machine that weighs twice as much.
Thanks for your suggestions!!! :big-grin

Oh should probably add typical riding conditions: short steep slick hills, climbing over roots and rocks, fast trails through old coal mines, some mudding as well

·
Super Moderator
7,049 Posts
Doesn't it have 29" Maxxis Bighorns on it from the factory? If so, for the riding you described, you already have one the best tires on there. I wouldn't replace them until they are worn out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Doesn't it have 29" Maxxis Bighorns on it from the factory?
Bought it used and it came w/ 26" Dirt Commanders
I was thinking maybe something more aggressive than bighorns, they look like they'd just slick over in the mud? Or maybe the height difference would be enough of an improvement then I'd have the good handling of the bighorns...hmm

·
Registered
189 Posts

I was thinking maybe something more aggressive than bighorns, they look like they'd just slick over in the mud? Or maybe the height difference would be enough of an improvement then I'd have the good handling of the bighorns...hmm

I would also recommend visiting the RZR forums website. Those guys and gals have a lot of information in regards to side by sides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good call jhalpin, I'll it out. THanks!

·
Super Moderator
7,049 Posts

I would also recommend visiting the RZR forums website. Those guys and gals have a lot of information in regards to side by sides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good advice there. I can understand why you are looking for new tires. There is a reason for the name Dirt Commanders. That is about the only terrain they work well in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts