Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased two atv's for my two kids they are 9-10 I tried signing them up at the Artport training facility in New York, Has anyone been through this with there kids and what are the requirements? I am beeing told I need to provide the ATV and that for there age group it has to be a 50cc model. Is this true?

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
their age group is the 50cc model, this is true. 6-12 years old is a 50cc, and 12-16 years old is for the 90 cc. i know what you are thinking, that is WAY off, but its the requirments set forth. the only safety gear i know of that they need to have is a helmet and maybe a flag.

as far as the machine goes. im surprised they said you need to provide them with a machine. when the guy who conducts the safety classes back home, he "borrows" any machine he needs for the couse under polaris's demo program. so if one guys buys a sportsman 500, but wants to take his wife and two kids along, this guy, the day before he holds the class, swings down to our shop, picks up the appropiate machines (usually sportsman 50, sportsman 90, or sportsman 300's) he brings them back after 10-15 hours of use, we sell them as demo's, and it starts all over again.

so i would check into that. its the whole reason why polaris has a demo program.

·
Registered
517 Posts
welcome to the site!

·
Registered
370 Posts
i took the atv safety course like a week after i bought my 850 it is a great learning experience.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Welcome to the site, most of the time the safety training are held at a local sportsman club

1 - 9 of 9 Posts