Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a 2009 500 Efi sportsman, I am not sure if I need to replace the front suspension, the tyres are rubbing onto the track rod end when I have been out on an off road session and the suspension is working hard, there is 2 or 3 mm of clearance when it is stationary, but when you look at it head on the wheels are pointing in slightly in and not still 100 % straight, if I do replace, do I just go for standard Polaris replacements, and does it come as one with the springs and dampeners and do I replace the whole lot any help would be appreciated

·
Premium Member
9,267 Posts
ok so you sound like you need a whole over-haul to the suspension and steering components. first though you need to go through everything and find out whats bad and what may not be bad. bushings, ball-joints, tie-rod ends, wheel bearings.

ball-joints, tie-rod ends, and wheel bearings I use Polaris parts.

bushings I use Garage Products (they market to the 570 but they'll fir your 500)

springs look at EPI and Highlifter. they are both heavy duty but highlifter has a higher spring rate and requires retainers for the rear springs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts