Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience with riding the ITP Sand Star Rib Front Tire - Chaparral Motorsports dual ribbed front sand tire versus the single ribbed? Kenda K298 Dune Runner Front Tire - Chaparral Motorsports

We go to Little Sahara twice a year and I am ordering new front sand tires for my 06 Preddy TLE. We do a lot of big hills and trail rides. My question is does having the extra rib on the tire make that much difference or not? Basically which tire is better for trails? I am assuming the dual ribbed one, but since how I have only rode on single rib my knowledge then is limited. So I decided I would do a little investigating first before make the purchase. Problem is there isn't a whole lot out there on 1 rib sand tire vs dual rib sand tire.

Or is there a recommended front sand tire for the Preddy's that stand out all together?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Are your rear tires v or straight paddles?

·
Registered
815 Posts
I would invest in some straight paddles first. There is such a difference its insane. I just sold my 440 with skat trak haulers and they are incredible. No V paddle can compete. Drag racing, hill climbs, anything.
I never ran a front dune tire and never had a turning issue unless I was under WOT.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts