Polaris ATV Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
tousand miles of atv trails no dirtbike allowed i guess. watched video on a nh tv station...... nobody i said nobody can be bothered with dawning helmets. cut the crap. Question #1... ready? who do you think takes the biggest chance of getting hurt or maybe killed if you dont wear your bucket? Answer to Question.... Life-flite Pilot/Flight nurse flying amongst wires bad weather and other helicopter catchers. and one more thing the people who have to pull your squashed cabeza from under your rig. Thanx for reading now go buy a helmet for you and your family. see ya! "Bubba" former military fling wing search and rescue peep and later in life big helicopter flite engineer. ps, "if ya cant hover you aint shit" quote from an unnamed sikorski helo crew member

·
Registered
133 Posts
tousand miles of atv trails no dirtbike allowed i guess. watched video on a nh tv station...... nobody i said nobody can be bothered with dawning helmets. cut the crap. Question #1... ready? who do you think takes the biggest chance of getting hurt or maybe killed if you dont wear your bucket? Answer to Question.... Life-flite Pilot/Flight nurse flying amongst wires bad weather and other helicopter catchers. and one more thing the people who have to pull your squashed cabeza from under your rig. Thanx for reading now go buy a helmet for you and your family. see ya! "Bubba" former military fling wing search and rescue peep and later in life big helicopter flite engineer. ps, "if ya cant hover you aint shit" quote from an unnamed sikorski helo crew member
Huh??

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Huh??
watched the latest video promoting the new great New Hampshire riding trails and yes this is an outstanding move forward for riders in New England but come on, rookie riders wid no head protection jumping side by sides? recipe for disaster and will put a negative brand on this operation. o well -end of story-

·
Registered
64 Posts
...watched the latest video promoting the new great New Hampshire riding trails and yes this is an outstanding move forward for riders in New England but come on, rookie riders wid no head protection jumping side by sides? recipe for disaster and will put a negative brand on this operation. o well -end of story-

Isn't New Hampshire's motto something like "Live free of die..."

It's about personal choice and freedom...and I'm guessing you've been forced to live a life subordinate to others. And maybe this is your chance to start telling others what to do or what's best for them.

I know you feel it feels right and you may even think you're morally obligated to force your position on others but you'd be wrong on both accounts.

Here's a suggestion...while I know it must really suck to be at the bottom of the pile taking everyone's crap, instead of climbing the ladder of crap with hopes of getting to the top so you can crap on others, just step off and find your own way.

In other words, move out of the wake of debris and enjoy life.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Not sure where you're getting your info from in re: trail bikes in NH. Yes indeed there are some areas that restrict to 3 and 4 wheels but the vast majority of NH trails are 2 wheel friendly.

Rather be riding, instead I'm using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Not to sound like an ass,.......but that was damn hard to read!

Helmets.........I can not think of a time I have seen anyone on a trail without one. I even wear mine when loading, ya just never know.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
...watched the latest video promoting the new great New Hampshire riding trails and yes this is an outstanding move forward for riders in New England but come on, rookie riders wid no head protection jumping side by sides? recipe for disaster and will put a negative brand on this operation. o well -end of story-

It's about personal choice and freedom...and I'm guessing you've been forced to live a life subordinate to others. And maybe this is your chance to start telling others what to do or what's best for them.

I know you feel it feels right and you may even think you're morally obligated to force your position on others but you'd be wrong on both accounts.

Here's a suggestion...while I know it must really suck to be at the bottom of the pile taking everyone's crap, instead of climbing the ladder of crap with hopes of getting to the top so you can crap on others, just step off and find your own way.

you are funny with your words. wow you are pi_sed off at the world. dont take it out on you keypad try running or exercising. ps- activate spell ck before next quote -out-

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
New Hampster....LMAO... I think you may have been running on that wheel too long

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not to sound like an ass,.......but that was damn hard to read!

Helmets.........I can not think of a time I have seen anyone on a trail without one. I even wear mine when loading, ya just never know.
as a "Life Flight" passenger and tbi patient due to a sudden stop I'm wid ya. sorry about the hard to read deal.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts

you are funny with your words. wow you are pi_sed off at the world. dont take it out on you keypad try running or exercising. ps- activate spell ck before next quote -out-
Personal choice and freedom is great, but you have to remember something, when you end up in the emergency room with no insurance, like happens so many times, because some people think they have the freedom to not insure themselves, and then end up with the rest of us bailing them out for their stupidity, at that point ur freedom has impacted someone elses freedom in a negative way. Why should society have to pay for your freedom. Freedom is guaranteed in the bill of rights, but with freedom come the responsibility to take care of yourself and the things you get yourself into, and not hand off the things you don't want to assume responsibility for to mankind. Forcing this position on atv or motorcycle riders, is the only way society can protect itself from the costs of people who only think that they should have freedom to do anything the way they want to, and care less about what happens to the people who have to pay for their injuries. I hate that it's this way, but it is

·
Registered
312 Posts
The state motto is LIVE FREE OR DIE.
The government doesn't regulate helmets or seat belts.
You should focus your energy on your Obama campaign and stay off of our fun and informative sight.
And yes I carry a firearm to!

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
128 Posts
First; the state motto is live free or die
Second; you can't fix stupid
Three; Darwin has this covered

Cheers,
Lesn8r (love my helmet)

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
The state motto is LIVE FREE OR DIE.
The government doesn't regulate helmets or seat belts.
You should focus your energy on your Obama campaign and stay off of our fun and informative sight.
And yes I carry a firearm to!

Oh...I'm not going anywhere. It's people like you that cause overregulation because you have to equate your freedom with doing whatever YOU want YOUR way, no matter the consequences to all the rest of US. The poster above got it right, You cant fix stupid, and riding without a helmet is just plain STUPID. OH....by the way, I also carry a firearm, and actually know which end the bullet comes out of.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I wear a helmet and a seatbelt. Most in these parts are smart enough to do so with out the state telling us we HAVE to. 18 and under must do both all the time.
Vandal where do I start with you. Threatening with a gun!?!
You are the sheep that follows the Shepard. I'm guessing you wear your helmet to preserve what's left. If only your parents were regulated to use a condom.
I enjoy my freedom and it doesn't cost you a cent. I have read some of your posts on here and you sound brilliant. Keep it up.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
I wear a helmet and a seatbelt. Most in these parts are smart enough to do so with out the state telling us we HAVE to. 18 and under must do both all the time.
Vandal where do I start with you. Threatening with a gun!?!
You are the sheep that follows the Shepard. I'm guessing you wear your helmet to preserve what's left. If only your parents were regulated to use a condom.
I enjoy my freedom and it doesn't cost you a cent. I have read some of your posts on here and you sound brilliant. Keep it up.

First off, I would never threaten anyone with a gun, but from the sound of your previous post, and your attitude toward your freedom at all costs, and then your mentioning that you ride armed, (where did that come from), I was really concerned that you might not know the business end of a gun, just carry one so you can feel free. My post was about people that scream freedom and then dont pay their way, when they are injured and cant pay their bills. If that didn't pertain to you, you should have left it alone, and let someone that I was talking to explain why their freedom, has to be paid for by someone else. I was expressing my opinion on the subject and wasn't aiming it at you. But you couldn't pass on an opportunity to try to cause a ruckus, because you're free. The saying, I had the right to remain silent, I just couldn't, sound familiar.
If you recognize brilliance, you should have an orgasm when you look in the mirror, because you have my politics completely wrong. I dislike regulations, and hate to see people doing things in our sport, that might cause more regulations, not the opposite. I guess that was a little hard for you to pick up on...huh

As far as the my parents comment, well, I feel the same way about yours

·
Registered
312 Posts
When you quote me and threaten me ya I take it personally. Carrying a firearm is a right and a freedom and a personal choice. That was my only point. I will take back the parents comment but saying head injuries from atv accidents is what is costing us working people money is ludicrous. We are not vigilantes in NH. Just trying to preserve what's left. Which isn't much. The threat of your sport is not in danger because of our laws. Your paycheck is in danger because of the liberal handouts.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Come on girls, ride and relax - life is too short!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
When you quote me and threaten me ya I take it personally. Carrying a firearm is a right and a freedom and a personal choice. That was my only point. I will take back the parents comment but saying head injuries from atv accidents is what is costing us working people money is ludicrous. We are not vigilantes in NH. Just trying to preserve what's left. Which isn't much. The threat of your sport is not in danger because of our laws. Your paycheck is in danger because of the liberal handouts.

Oh, I see now. You really don't want to talk about helmet laws, you want a political debate, so I'm not going to fight with you anymore, just ask you a few questions

1. Do you believe you should have unfettered freedom?

2. Do you believe in personal responsibility?

3. Do you believe that you should be penalized by someone else's irresponsibility?

4. Do you believe that people who refuse to be responsible for their actions, should be held accountable?

5 Since I already know you are for no regulations of any kind that might infringe on your personal freedom, how do you propose we hold irresponsible people accountable when they make a decision to be FREE, and it ends up costing you and me, in higher medical premiums, when hospitals have to give pro-bono treatments to uninsured people who get hurt while exercising their freedom. This question isn't just about helmets, but about anything that some people will do, knowing that they might get hurt, and also knowing that there are certain things that they could have done to either prevent injuries or lessen their effects, but still go about being free, on the tab of everyone that is responsible. You give me a good answer as to what you think should be done, because I'm tired of seeing irresponsible people, doing stupid things, that cost you and me and everyone else that is responsible, higher premiums, and use freedom as the excuse to act any way they want to.

·
Registered
64 Posts
...how do you propose we hold irresponsible people accountable when they make a decision to be FREE, and it ends up costing you and me, in higher medical premiums, when hospitals have to give pro-bono treatments to uninsured people who get hurt while exercising their freedom. This question isn't just about helmets, but about anything that some people will do, knowing that they might get hurt, and also knowing that there are certain things that they could have done to either prevent injuries or lessen their effects, but still go about being free, on the tab of everyone that is responsible...
I draw your attention to the first few words of your reply.

Maybe you're not aware of this but here in the United States, we have a mechanism that allows for holding wrong-doers responsible. It's called the court system and tort laws (not to mention criminal laws).

Torts laws have been around since the time of the Romans. Such laws were refined under Anglo-Saxon law many years latter and the United States further refined the subject of tort more then 100 years ago.

So to even suggest there's nothing that can be done to those "exercising" their freedom of choice and doing harm to another is both conceptually and factually wrong.

You might be better served if you put down your gun and pick up a text book to study what has occurred over the last century or two.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.