Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys this is a great forum and I appreciate the help I needed a couple of times during the last year I owned my 550 XP. It's a great bike and still not sure why I traded it in but traditionally I have ridden Yamaha and that is what I'm heading back to. I really like everything about the XP, even the engine noise didn't bother me and hopefully it doesn't spoil it for others. I've been a mechanic for 36 years and have no worries about the 550 motor. Noise has a lot to do with how an engine is mounted, body work etc has a lot to do what noises reach the riders ears. The XP chassis is great although I wish it had a separate lever for the front brakes. Hands down Polaris gives great value to their customers and the only reason I could even afford a comparable Yamaha is that I bought a heavily discounted non current model and got good trade in for my 550. So enjoy this forum I will miss it.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
You can still stop in. Just because you want a yami doesn't mean we will automatically hate you. This is a sport. Not paritsan politics. We're smarter than that.

Enjoy your new ride. Stay safe and we'll see you on the trail.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can still stop in. Just because you want a yami doesn't mean we will automatically hate you. This is a sport. Not paritsan politics. We're smarter than that.

Enjoy your new ride. Stay safe and we'll see you on the trail.
Yup for sure I will check in once in a while still have the wife's 400 Ho in the garage. Just wont be as often been pretty much a regular thing for me to check in here and read the posts on the 550/ 850 XPS. It's just not the same once you don't own the item being discussed.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Good luck with the new ride. I went another route this year as well, but this is still one of, if the best, atv forum on the net I think. Very active, lots of good info, and people willing to share ideas, experiences, etc...regardless of their ride. Good luck with the new Yammie...my neighbor has a 2012 Grizzly 700...very good bike.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I just got rid of a Yamaha grizzly 550 nice machine went with the 550 xp just liked the ergos better but the grizzy was a great machine . Also I think I like the single break I think but only time will tell what size grizzly did you get?

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
Hey Guys this is a great forum and I appreciate the help I needed a couple of times during the last year I owned my 550 XP. It's a great bike and still not sure why I traded it in but traditionally I have ridden Yamaha and that is what I'm heading back to. I really like everything about the XP, even the engine noise didn't bother me and hopefully it doesn't spoil it for others. I've been a mechanic for 36 years and have no worries about the 550 motor. Noise has a lot to do with how an engine is mounted, body work etc has a lot to do what noises reach the riders ears. The XP chassis is great although I wish it had a separate lever for the front brakes. Hands down Polaris gives great value to their customers and the only reason I could even afford a comparable Yamaha is that I bought a heavily discounted non current model and got good trade in for my 550. So enjoy this forum I will miss it.
What grizz did you buy? I wanted a 550 grizx, but too pricey.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Just got rid of a 550 grizzly got the 550 xp the ergos are way better power about the same think the Polaris is a little quicker like the dif lock on the grizzly better I think breaks I think I like the single break but only time will tell but the ergos of the Polaris sold me the thin seat of the Polaris rocks mind you the Polaris is new so this is subject to change lol had 6 yamahas before this so we will see

·
Registered
553 Posts
Great bike choice.. I tested a 550 grizz when they first came out with EPS, wonderful ATV but a little too light and high of the ground for me. Very tippy. Even with struts on soft mode. I almost rolled it. Going crawling speed. Not like that on the sportsman. But all in all very nice. Have fun and stay safe! Make sure you stop back and say hello once and a while! (funny that would have been the second time that exact ATV was rolled)

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Yes please keep us posted on your new bike. Im considering getting a new 450 grizzly for my fiance due to the 450's smaller/midsize chassis, and power steering.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I almost bought a grizzly until I rode an 850 XP. Never looked back but Yamaha makes great machines as well. Good luck!!

·
Super Moderator
6,957 Posts
Be sure and let us know when you become a member of the GRROC. lol Enjoy your new ride!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts