Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 96 polaris sportsman 500. Have some issue am guessing from reading I have exhaust lobe problem.

I am looking at a 02 Scambler 500 H.O 4x4. Was wondering is scambler 4x4 like sportsman awd. Any cons I trail ride but want sport quad for power style little off road. Not many online with aftermarket rims and tires. I hear front setup was stronger than sportsman.

Could I run a 12" to 14" set of 27x9 or 26x9 with a aggressive thread? Here also there high range only? Any help would be greatful or info

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
polaris scrambler with a 2000 xplorer 400 trans swap, clutch kit. Anyone else wanna add? Like some feedback

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
The only con I can really think of is that they are heavy (for a "sport" quad) and chain drive.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had a 96 scrambler 500, it was piped, clutched, k&n air box, rejetted, 26" vampires up front 25" 489's in back. I liked it but it had some issues. For some reason in order to go faster than 10mph I had to hold the override button, but it would pull the front end up slightly just by hitting the gas. It was a fun toy and with the vampire tires I could go anywhere. The only thing with them is the chain drive, always have to make sure they're adjusted right.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts