Polaris ATV Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
i would be going after them with a vengeance..they are at fault for not protecting you and they have to pay
Well now that I'll have a conviction on Luedders, I have proof he scammed me. Makes it easier to go after the employer, without the conviction it's just my word against theirs.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Case Number 3808089210
Date Filed: 04/22/2010
Case Type: CR - Filed by Indictment
Style: State of Texas v. Luedders Stephen Michael
JudicialOfficer: Wooten, Suzanne
Parties
Type Name DOB Address Attorney
Defendant Luedders, Stephen M 05/11/1974 505 Exchange Pky, Apt. 2106, Allen , TX 75002 Scott H Palmer
State State Of Texas District Attny'S Office, 210 S. McDonald,suite 324, McKinney, TX 75069 Collin County District Attorney

Charges
Offense Code Description Offense Date Degree Level Statute Fine Amount Arresting Agency
23990004 THEFT STOLEN PROP>=$1,500<$20K 12/08/2009 110 State Jail Felony 31.03(e)(4)(A) Collin County Sheriff's Office
Case Events
Date Event Type Comments Cancelled Reason Time Judge
04/22/2010 Case Filed by Indictment (OCA)
04/26/2010 Capias Issued Unapprehended
04/26/2010 Bond Set @ Bond Set $-$2500.00
04/28/2010 Capias to Sheriff TO SO
06/17/2010 Warrant Executed/Recalled
06/23/2010 Notice to Appear Issued
07/07/2010 Letter of Representation /Scott Palmer
07/07/2010 Passed
07/07/2010 First Appearance 9:00 AM
07/30/2010 Passed
07/30/2010 Announcement 9:00 AM
08/26/2010 Passed
08/27/2010 Announcement 9:00 AM
09/16/2010 Passed
09/16/2010 Announcement 9:00 AM
10/14/2010 Passed
10/14/2010 Announcement 9:00 AM
11/05/2010 Passed
11/05/2010 Announcement 9:00 AM
12/09/2010 Announcement 9:00 AM
12/09/2010 General Docket Entry Passed
01/28/2011 Announcement 9:00 AM
02/18/2011 Plea - Agreed 9:00 AM

·
Registered
607 Posts
I hope they throw the book at the SOB, and you get your money back and then some. Let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Looks like he gat a plea deal.... Well that a good first step. Couple more of those and he'll go away, I'd still sue the stealer. Lets us know what he and you got.

·
Registered
248 Posts
That whole place is a bunch of crooks to me. I went there after I had my quote for wheels and tires and asked them if the match prices on the Internet. They said they did, and asked what I was looking at (14" SS312 and 26" zillas). Guy told me that setup would run me $1050. I told them I had a quote for $650 shipped to my door. Guy goes back and comes back out 20 seconds later and says "yeah, we can match that and do $650+tax and shipping". I told him that the $650 was shipped to my door, final price, and he said there was nothing he could do about shipping and got pissed off and argued with me for a while before walking off. Pisses me off that in 20 seconds, they can come off a third of the price. They are higher than hell on all of there stuff. I would never go back there.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
I'm making this post to let everyone know my case against Luedders has been concluded. The outcome is a Class A misdemeanor, although not as severe a punishment as we would all have hoped for is still better than nothing which what he's had up to this point. I could have held out and gone for the felony but feel my best shot of retaining my $12,135.00 in a lump some was to allow the deal to happen.

1st - He paid all money back, which itself is an admission of guilt.
2nd - He will get a 6 month sentence, probated to 18 months, with community service and theft counseling and have no contact with me (which is in his best interest anyway), we all know he will most likely screw up one or more of these conditions. I would think that this conviction puts him in violation of one or more hot check convictions he may be on probation for.
3rd - I urge everyone who has a legitimate case against him to continue pursuing all legal remedies at your disposal and keep the pressure on, I will continue to offer my assistance any way I can.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I feel compelled to post on here because I was an employee of the shop when Michael Luedders was hired and I did a background check on him after first meeting him because I personally though something was sketchy about him. What I uncovered was a long history of check fraud among other warrants out for his arrest at the time. I also called friends of mine who he said he had worked with who also told me he was a known theif. I brought all this info to the attention of the then current GM of the shop, Dustin Keeth. He said that all salesmen are like that and there was nothing to worry about, but I still kept my eye on him. I saw Michael sell a bottle of pills on the sales floor more than a few times. He took over payments of a hummer H2, a Corvette, and a 4 dr Jeep Wrangler. All three original owners of the cars came looking for him. There were plenty of other cash sales transactions that he and Dustin Keeth were involved in that were altered after the customer left the shop resulting in Dustin and Michael keeping some of the cash that the dealership should have gotten. They worked hand in hand together on most of these deals. Dustin fired Michael right after he recieved payment from you. I have no doubt that Dustin and Michael were working together on all of these transactions. Michael ended up rolling over on Dustin after he fired him and telling most of the people at the shop about them changing cash deals to tax exempt deals after the fact and forging paperwork so they could keep the cash for themselves. Dustin also requested Co-op money from Polaris on a unit so that we could give the unit to a local organization for them to raffle off for charity. Dustin recieved $10k from Polaris, switched to a cheaper unit (2009 Polaris Sportsman 550XP) Paid the unit off in our system at cost ($7500), wrote himself a check for the remaining money, then went and sold the unit and kept the cash. I slowly started uncovering more and more that not only Michael was doing, but Dustin was doing as well. After he fired Michael, Dustin only got worse. He easily made 6 figures that year from all of the stuff he was doing behind the scenes, not including his salary and commision that he was making on the front end. I left family powersports in early 2010 after busting my ass for them for three years and growning the parts department there by leaps and bounds. I talked to the owner and provided documented proof that I had kept about Dustin's illegal transactions and he was let go from the company. I still don't know if they pressed any charges on him or not, but I wouldn't be suprised to see him and Michael Luedders working together again somewhere else, possibly Austin.

I know this is alot of info that mostly has nothing to do with your transaction, but if any of it helps you out then I am glad.

For the record, I really liked Family Powersports as a Company. I think they have some very very good employees in the company. There were some things going on at the Mckinney store that they didn't know about and I think it really hurt them. My advice would be to stop dealing with the local GM's and go directly to the Owner if you can get ahold of him. His name is Morris Baker and in my eyes, he is a very good person. I hope some of this helps you out. And if anyone has dealt with Dustin Keeth or his One Six Powersports (his business that he secretly opened in August 2009 while still working for FPS, I would love to hear about it)
I would take this info, and with the conviction file a compliant with the BBB. And also with the states Attourney Generals Office. It's all free. And would put the company on notice that this will not be tolorated. Don't quit with him.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
That's good advice, have been planning that very thing. Wanted the conviction first, now it's not just my word against theirs.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I just wanted to say;

I am extremely impressed with how you folks all band together and cooperate on a common goal.
The more awareness created the less frequent these issues will become.

I don't care what they say about Americans, you are all good guys in my books!!

Cheers, from your northern cousins.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Just thought I would let you all know I received my restitution check today. 12250.00 There is some justice in the world!

·
Registered
721 Posts
Just thought I would let you all know I received my restitution check today. 12250.00 There is some justice in the world!
Wow, that is FANTASTIC news!!!

·
Registered
494 Posts
I read though this thread and maybe I missed it but, did you write a check out to the dealer company name or to this bozo's name?

41 - 54 of 54 Posts