Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The video was released today on YouTube
Yes this was unveiled at RockRun in late September. I was there with the EMS crew and got to see this machine first hand and it is awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
I assume they will be putting this in the Sportsman too right?

I mean Scramblers sell only a fraction of the amount sportsmans do.

·
Registered
96 Posts
i would be all over a sportsman 1000 not into a scrambler but would have been when i was a little younger and rode yamaha banshees

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
this setup in a sportsman would be killer to can am. the Outlander makes what 82 horse? and I know the XP has one hell of a ride. the brand loyal guys will stay where they are, but anyone looking to go fast or just have the fastest will jump ship.

Who knows, if this scrammy is a big hit, we may see a sportsman when the 2015's come out in August.

·
Super Moderator
7,077 Posts
You can have it. The 850 is already more than most can handle. If you don't believe it, just browse through the Scrambler 850 threads. All this seems to be getting a little out of hand. I would rather Polaris put some of that time and effort into improving what they already have.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
^^ i agree with this.

Beefed up axles, stronger frames, and weight reduction would have been better.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
^^ i agree with this.

Beefed up axles, stronger frames, and weight reduction would have been better.
Pretty sure they have made some changes to the frames for 14. leave the axles alone, id rather blow apart an axle than a diff. if they could drop 75 to 100 pounds off the machine that would be nice, but I don't see that happening.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
The Gov is going to have to come down on the industry before they stop going bigger. it's that simple. the demand is there, and it's usually the loudest, hey pay attention to me, personalities that like the bigger "better" machines.

be that as it may, I wouldn't say no if someone wanted to give me one.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
The hp wars are getting crazy. I'd love to see the manufacturers shift focus on dropping weght on these things.

·
Registered
993 Posts
So the real question is,,,,,,, what's the cost of this thing?

·
Registered
422 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
The hp wars are getting crazy. I'd love to see the manufacturers shift focus on dropping weght on these things.
True dat !

But is a weight loss of any sizable amount even possible ? I could see a few pounds lost ( 3-5% ) but anymore would likely be a miracle.

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
How much more are you willing to pay? Dropping weight while keeping the frame equally strong will only drive the price up.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Coming from sport machines I love this! I have an 850 sportsman and def agree that power is already pretty darn good. Most people come off my machine with white knuckles, haha. I def would like to see more focus on beefed up axles, transmissions, and diffs. All great machines and I can't wait to see what else comes to the table. Polaris needs an XMR style machine!!! Snorkel and raised radiator from the factory. :)

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
Coming from sport machines I love this! I have an 850 sportsman and def agree that power is already pretty darn good. Most people come off my machine with white knuckles, haha. I def would like to see more focus on beefed up axles, transmissions, and diffs. All great machines and I can't wait to see what else comes to the table. Polaris needs an XMR style machine!!! Snorkel and raised radiator from the factory. :)
I highly doubt you'll see Polaris do a mud specific ATV from the factory. and I'd rather an axle brake than a diff, or trans. Leave the axles as the weak link. It's a smart design.

It would be nice to see weight reduced, but I agree that it would just drive up cost. and I'd rather see the frames and A arms beefed up rather than cut down.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts