Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been riding ATVs for over 12 years and although I get impressed when I try a new machine, no other quad has ever left me speechless like the Scrambler 1000 did.

My friend at my local Polaris dealer let me test ride the Scrambler he has and this thing is an absolute BRUTE!! For a machine with only 2 miles on the odometer and not broken in, this thing is insanely powerful, stupid fast and with those stock tires it's VERY twitchy. It is no different than a Scrambler 850 but this feels completely different in the power department.

Just had to share it with the Polaris faithful.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
That's how I feel about mine, I come from sport quads and was worried about not getting that same "snap" with the 1000...I was wrong, plain and simple :werd:

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was astonished at the amount of torque it has, I was doing about 15 on the long straight away and when I pegged the throttle the front wheels went up and I had to let it go right away cause I thought I was going to flip. I mean this thing is absolutely insane, you HAVE to know what you're doing when riding it cause it will bite you. Heck even in reverse it jerks like a rabid dog.

Now Polaris REALLY needs to replace the stock tires, they can't handle that much power since they don't hook up good in the dirt.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Yeah I've never had a machine that would lift the front tires in the driveway as easy as this thing does. A simple move and park leads to wheelies :saevilw:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, brand new member here. Great to hear some first impressions of the 1000. I'm pretty set on getting one, but none of the dealers have them within 150 miles of me. They let me ride a new Sportsman 850 and told me it's similar so I should just order one. I like the Sportsman for what it is but I'm not ready to "settle down" just yet. They are powerful but they lack that sporty feel and seem to want to tuck the front tire and roll in the corners. I weigh about 175 and have limited experience with CV Transmissions so I couldn't get the Sportsman to wheelie at all. My most fun quad is actually a 1998 Blaster I've had since I was a kid. My other ride of choice is an RM250 dirt bike (very fast and exhausting). These are basically as polar opposite from a new Scrambler as you can get! In other words, it's a big leap of faith for me to order a new 1000.

I'd like to hear some comparisons from people who have gone from a sport quad or a Sportsman 850XP to the Scrambler. Can you still do the old wheelie-jump over logs or up ledges? Can you ride off an 8 foot high creek bank without nosing down or bottoming out? I wish one of my buds would get one but they're all scared of them!

·
Registered
324 Posts
I don't have any experience with sport quads, but I can completely guarantee that you will have no issues whatsoever with pulling wheelies the 1000. Heck, I'm a newb and I can't keep the front tires down 0_0

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I moved over to 4x4 quads from a predator 500 and was disappointed until I rode the scrambler 1000. I switched mainly because I had no place to ride my predator and it just made more sense to have 4wd in southern Louisiana. The scrambler is the best of both worlds, it feels quite a bit lighter than what it is so its not hard to make the rear end get loose...and as far as wheelies, you will have no problem making the front end reach for the sky, its almost effortless....I would never trade my scrambler for a sport quad.

Reactions: Knarlyrob
1 - 8 of 8 Posts