Polaris ATV Forum banner

scrambler 1000 exhaust

19K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  TDMax 
#1 ·
looking into upgrading my stock exhaust system but theres a few options and i really want the best performance and more weight loss.

any advantage to switching back to single exhaust ?
big difference from full to slip on?
whats the weight difference from stock for these systems?
what kind of power can be gained installing aftermarket?

#2 ·
I know most of the GNCC guys have went to a single exhaust for the weight savings.

They ran Muzzy pipes last year but swapped over to Big Gun being Muzzy sold out to Dobeck.

#5 ·
True that - have an 850 and a 1000 and the 850's been described as a lot more raspy than the 1k. I do love both tho, like my other 2 unique kids :)

#7 ·
I went with the Trinity true duals with a Xpipe. Still tuning, saves some weight, looks cool, sounds sick. I'll post some pics

Attachments

#8 ·
Boy that head pipe is pretty darn close to the belt vent tube. Might look to do some extra heat shielding. Looks nice though!

#10 ·
So I'm stuck on rjwc exhaust but I have a few questions. The only systems that come with the header pipe is the trinity, big gun, and possibly the HMF. I guess my question is does the headpiece make a difference when tuning. Also the duel exhaust for the rjwc is not a true duel exhaust...so not sure it's worth the additional cost/weight unless the sound and or performance makes it worthwhile.

#11 ·
The biggest gains from swapping out exhaust is the weight savings. I haven't weighed the systems but I understand it is somewhere around 6lbs from stock to Big Gun.
I don't think performance will be noticed until the machine is tuned tho.

#16 ·
There's not much power to be had with aftermarket exhaust unfortunately. The Scramblers OEM factory exhaust is free flowing as is. I didn't want something obnoxiously loud so I opted for the Big Gun EXO Full Dual system as I thought it had the best potential to support any additional performance mods I may want to do in the future. I also like the look of dual mufflers on these machines, just my preference. I will say that after a year and over 1,500 miles on them they do require maintenance. I probably would have had to repack them a lot sooner than I did recently if it saw more mud. The screws backed out several times on me (Loctite or no Loctite) and the sticker deteriorates over time as well. The core and tips started to rust out as well! I like the fitment, form, and function but don't know if I'd go rave to the next guy about quality and reliability. I may have gone to the RJWC's if that was an option when I was shopping. Here's how they sit currently after I worked them over.

Attachments

#18 ·
Last week I installed the new mud edition RJWC duals with the 3.5 fuel controller. This thing sounds absolutely mean now! The exhaust is made with very high quality materials and welds are super clean. I do not have any experience with a crontroller/programmer. With that being said, the controller came pre set for an exhaust mod. It seems to be tuned properly with the exception of taking off on full throttle from a stop. When I hit 20 mph or there about, it misses once or twice (not backfire). I was wondering if that means its getting too much fuel or not enough?

#19 ·
Watch your RPM. Sounds like you need a bit more weight in the clutching.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.