Polaris ATV Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
i think the polaris puts the power to the ground better. lining up with my buddys renegade his front end just stands up and i leave him in the dust.
I agree about the 850 but my buddy with his Scrambler 1000 had same issue as I did just not as extreme. The 850 beat both of us to 300'. It just launches better less wheelie
The front end lifting can be controlled with shock adjustments in the rear so there is no need to lift the front end under full acceleration unless that is part of the fun......

·
Registered
125 Posts
i think the polaris puts the power to the ground better. lining up with my buddys renegade his front end just stands up and i leave him in the dust.
I agree about the 850 but my buddy with his Scrambler 1000 had same issue as I did just not as extreme. The 850 beat both of us to 300'. It just launches better less wheelie
The front end lifting can be controlled with shock adjustments in the rear so there is no need to lift the front end under full acceleration unless that is part of the fun......
SO is it a softer adjustment that would keep the front end down? I would imagine soft would absorb the energy and keep the front down?

·
Registered
86 Posts
SO is it a softer adjustment that would keep the front end down? I would imagine soft would absorb the energy and keep the front down?
The shock needs to be set on the softer side to absorb the instant weight transfer. Each is a little different based upon rider weight as well so there isn't a standard setting to fit all but you can adjust a little at a time until you have a happy medium.

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
The Polaris seems to build the power slower, but smoother, the Rotax hits you hard. This is what I got from those that have rode both.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Did you just watch the video, the polaris beat it right form the start, when you drive the Can am it jerks taking off fooling you that is is stronger on the bottom but when they race the polaris is winning in 10 ft already

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
in the video the Polaris was kicking dirt from wheel spin and still beat the ham....there was that much more power to break ground and still pull ahead....once the tires caught it was good night Irene

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
It is crazy i told this story last fall we rode with a bunch of the buddys 2 Polaris 850's the rest can am and i yamie well the guys all switched back and forth racing and trails and ditches and more racing, so we get back to the bar at the end of the day and everybody is talking about the wheelers and one of the guys that has a 800 outlander with Pipe and controller and clutch kit says ya your polaris rides nice is comfortable and was faster then mine in the racing but if you want all out power and performance you have to stay with can am, i just look at him and said, you just got you ass kicked all day long, and he just gave me that dumb look, and said ya but mine feels faster

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
It is crazy i told this story last fall we rode with a bunch of the buddys 2 Polaris 850's the rest can am and i yamie well the guys all switched back and forth racing and trails and ditches and more racing, so we get back to the bar at the end of the day and everybody is talking about the wheelers and one of the guys that has a 800 outlander with Pipe and controller and clutch kit says ya your polaris rides nice is comfortable and was faster then mine in the racing but if you want all out power and performance you have to stay with can am, i just look at him and said, you just got you ass kicked all day long, and he just gave me that dumb look, and said ya but mine feels faster
lol they always have an excuse.

Last one i heard was, i know why you beat me. my machine blew up on the way home lol

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Were those Rene 800 or 1k in the vid? I have ridden my buddy's 2014 Rene 1k xxc and it hits a LOT harder than my 850. Might be the engine or the clutching (doubt it on the latter) but it is stout on the bottom end. Too had the Rotax can't be shoe horned into the xp chassis:)

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Were those Rene 800 or 1k in the vid? I have ridden my buddy's 2014 Rene 1k xxc and it hits a LOT harder than my 850. Might be the engine or the clutching (doubt it on the latter) but it is stout on the bottom end. Too had the Rotax can't be shoe horned into the xp chassis:)
The boys I raced both admit mine is stronger on the bottom but the Polaris just gets off the line with more ease and in 300-500 feet there isnt enough room to make it up all 3 machines are very fast

21 - 32 of 32 Posts