Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm new here and I just bought a brand new 2015 Scrambler XP 1000, it has 60 miles it just from test rides and going in and out of the showroom. What kind of things should I do too it? I'm thinking about getting new tires and rims. I can get a package that comes with STI HD4's 14x7 and STI Chicanes 27x10R14 all the way around. Also, will these tires fit with no rubbing or trimming? And the HD4's have a 4+3 offset... Will that be too much offset? I dont want to be going through wheel bearing every other weekend. Also, it backfires sometimes and I'm not sure why, my dealer says it's just because it's a new machine and that it will go away over time, he says its either that or that the spark plugs are bad, what do you guys think? Sorry for the super long post. Thanks guys! Also what is the best oil to use?

·
Registered
534 Posts
The backfire may be related to the throttle switch. As for tires I prefer a narrow front and wider rear. Lots of oil discussion including a poll in the oil forum.

Cecco braces and front diff pinion cover are must have's from the start.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Look at narrower offsets 5+2 or 4+2.
Do the front diff pinion cover.

Mine backfired a bit when it was new, doesn't anymore although I have switched to the NGK lazor plugs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts