Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I’m new here so be gentle, ok got a 03 I think scrambler 400 2 stroke it’s been i the garage just pulled it out topped up with fuel tried starting it and there is fuel dripping out from the 2nd join on the exhaust. Any ideas. How this can be fixed. Thanks Simon.

·
Registered
5,466 Posts
First and foremost - SHUT THE FUEL OFF!

Get out the owners manual or service manual - drain the crankcase and you will need to probably need to remove the head pipe and dump the fuel out of it too. Then check that the fuel pump is not defective and dumping fuel into the vacuum line or that the fuel and vacuum lines were not switched on the fuel pump or at the carb. If the fuel pump and lines are not the problem, then get the carb rebuilt. In the mean time, if you just want to hear the engine run; with the fuel shut off, the crankcase, exhaust and carb drained, just spray starting fluid on the air filter and crank the engine while holding the throttle wide open - it will probably start and as engine speed increases you can operate the throttle to control the engine speed - it will only run until all the fuel has been consumed. Not that you have confirmed it will run, you can start investigating the other problems it may have.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey thanks, for your help, I’ll dig deeper into it. I did have the carb off and gave it a bit of a clean. But that was all.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts