Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question about my 1997 scrambler 400. I recently rebuilt the top end and the coolant reservoir cap sometimes has a little bit of antifreeze on it after riding it. It doesn't shoot out or anything its just there is a little drop on the cap sometimes. It runs fine and I have been riding it hard for the past few days and the compression is normal. It's just that drop of coolant that worries me. Is this normal or is it ok that this happens? Thanks

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board.

·
Registered
22 Posts
You bled the system before you started it right? And the level hasnt dropped a lot? It should come up a little bit while hot and sink back down when it cools. If you bled it out and its not losing any and if there is none at the weep hole id say your good to go. If you start losing some check the counterbalance dip stick

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bled the system before running it. It isn't really loosing any coolant. It's just after riding for a while there will be a little bit of coolant on the reservoir cap where the little hole is to let out pressure, but it doesn't spew out or anything. It's been running just fine for the past few days though. Thanks for the quick reply traildemon

1 - 7 of 7 Posts