Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, was wondering a substitute oil for my scrambler 500. I run rottela synthetic in the engine, demand drive fluid in the front hubs, and 75-90 gl-5 gear oil in the front diff. Is there a substitute oil to run in the chaincase other than Polaris agl/ tranny fluid for 18.00 a quart? Thx

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've been using Mobil 1 75/90 synthetic in my trans for years in my 2005 with no problems.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Synthetic atf in front hubs and synthetic 80-90w in trans. These machines are not picky besides the motor oil, must be 0-40w synthetic to feed the top end or you risk of rocker/cam grooving

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
I been using the amsoil chaincase lube seems to work great....I also use the Rotella T6 oil in engine...I add 2 ozs of moly to oil....keeps parts coated for winter starts...The moly i use is by Ligui Moly.....LIQUI MOLY - Motor Oils, Additives, Car Care - Products - MoS2 Anti-Friction ..run this in all my machines an truck....for 10.00 a can you get 5 oil changes ...I use a moly oil on my guns and bullets..makes a big difference in setting groups on target...so it works as designed...reduces friction.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts