Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
My name is Lou and I live in Hunterdon County NJ. I got hooked on Polaris ATVs in 1998 when my brother and I bought a new Xplorer400. Just shy of 2 years ago, I stumbled on a 2004 Scramber 500 4x4 that had been sitting in a garage for at least 2-3 years. I paid $1800 for it and kept it stock until yesterday. I decided that I wanted to get a more aggressive tire for it so I did some research, found a web site that was about $20 cheaper per rim and $20 cheaper per tire than anyone else. They also included caps and lugs at no additional charge. I ended up with ITP SS108 12x7 rims for the front and rear with 4/156 bolt pattern up front and 4/4 in the rear. I went with ITP Mudlite tires in 26x9-12 up front and 25x10-12 in back. With the help of a good friend, I also installed an Aeen Mega Power Pipe, an Aeen trail clutch kit, a Carlisle Max Power belt which was also from Aeen and a K&N filter. It sounds incredible, rides better and looks amazing.

I am going to order a jet kit and replace both the throttle and throttle cable as well as the idle adjuster which are both damaged. I will probably install skid plates and cv joint guards at some point to.

I can't find any before pictures but heres what it looks like now. Hope you enjoy.
Lou

Attachments

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
:You_Rock_Emoticon:

Nice work! D'you name her yet? Bumblebee perhaps?? LOL!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Nice looking machine!!
That scrambler was the one I couldn't afford but wanted so bad back in the day .
Nice ground clearance!

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
WELCOME NJ, Looks great!!

CW

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Welcome!

Real nice ride!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No, I think stock was 10" but I'm not sure. I went with 12's... I also just replaced the carb with a 42 mm flatslide mikuni.... This thing is a handful now....

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Looks great! But heavy overkill for a two wheel drive unit. You may also want to rethink that belt choice, keep the old one handy!

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Opps! Just looked again and saw the front axles, never mind!!!!( god, another senior moment!!!):veryhappy:

·
Registered
17 Posts
That is one mean looking Scrambler, awesome job! I'm currently in negotiation for a 2001 500 4x4, ad I would like to do some mods to it. Could you list websites that you went through for the parts? I'm thinking of putting some better tires and possibly exhaust, but that's just a start ;)

Thanks, and again your machine looks awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts